Thread: Dozer's Cries

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Dozer's Cries

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    @Fontanafox "...."I don't want to be in my pen" usually accompanied by dramatic kicking and flailing in a heap of frustrated bulldog. Bwhahahaha!

@BrooklynStar - I think you've just got yourself one "Kvetching Bulldog". Maybe he's like that cartoon character that says, "We're doomed...I just know it..." over and over....? He's a Negative Nancy, perhaps?

I can see why you'd be worried. I would too. But if the vet has checked him completely - with blood tests and all --- and assures a clean bill of health....what ya gonna do? I guess you could go have him CAT Scanned or something....?

So, something is wrong with him?

Cooper11

I think he is afraid of the dark.....So dark and then having the Strong Brooklyn accent talking to you and not being able to see anyone! It would make me cry too....scare the right outa me!!!

i think he is fine....Cooper doesn't whine like that but he whines a lot. like when he wants something.....my neighbors was over last night and we were outside and my neighbors little 4 lbs yorkie ventured over to our house...she is scared of everything so wen you see this tiny little thing hopping through the yard and walking the outline of the landscaping it is funny.....anyway I had Coop on a leash and as she walked closer I said Coop is going to cry....and 5 second later he was whining and crying cuz he wanted her....he is a little to rough and hyper for her...I am afraid he will step on her.....He whines all the time if he wants something or some one! I call him my big baby. I can't even go down the stair without him crying to go with me! him to pieces though!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

My bully makes those noises too when he wants something...I call it his pigeon call.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Abby makes all kinds of noises. From what sounds like a pigeon that means "hurry up and get that stuff into my bowl" to the "I'm bored" loud sigh. The little whine is what she wakes me up with when she needs to go pee.

There is nothing wrong with him. He's just finding ways to tell you what he wants

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Awww that sounds like the 'baby chewbacca speak' wait till he gets a little older and you'll get it lol. Nigel whines and does the chewbacca speak when he wants out of his kennel or if he wants attention. A little play time and then he's off to bed and all is well and off to sleep he goes. Get a nightlight too...he could be scared of the dark...I leave a dim lamp on for Nigel and Karly.

Cheerio mates!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynStar View Post
    Wow i cant tell you how relieving that is to me!!! That other member's bullys make the same noise...so its a breed specific type of noise then..lol how cute
    Yep... bulldog speak, so to say. Nitschke did his Chewbacca talk from the day we brought him home.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

@BrooklynStar - I'm checking back in to see if you've figured it out yet. Have ya?

P.S. I think it's adorable you're such worry wart about your baby bullie......

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    @BrooklynStar - I'm checking back in to see if you've figured it out yet. Have ya?

P.S. I think it's adorable you're such worry wart about your baby bullie......

Well I knew my instincts were telling me something. The other day dozer pooped out a 6 inch long piece of string, I've no idea where he got it from, but in the pet store where we got him they had a rope toy in his crate. I'm not sure if it possible in staying in there for a month and a half but we don't have any string of any kind in this house and when we're on walks he is watched the whole time. Ever since that event that noise he's been making has simply stopped ten fold. Instead of doing it the entire night he doesn't do it as long or as pronounced as it used to be. It might be once a night for a second or two. Now it's entirely possible it could be coincidenece but I find it really odd that it all of sudden stopped after a month and a half of doing it.
    Last edited by BrooklynStar; 04-08-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

aw well im glad he pooped it out. i hope he gets better now. yes always go with your instincts they are usually right.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad he pooped it out!! Get used to that .... they seem to find things to eat that you never knew you had until you see it when it comes out the other end!!!

As for the noises ... I listened twice and just thought it was the normal bully noises. They seem to have their own language!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynStar View Post
    Well I knew my instincts were telling me something. The other day dozer pooped out a 6 inch long piece of string, I've no idea where he got it from, but in the pet store where we got him they had a rope toy in his crate. I'm not sure if it possible in staying in there for a month and a half but we don't have any string of any kind in this house and when we're on walks he is watched the whole time. Ever since that event that noise he's been making has simply stopped ten fold. Instead of doing it the entire night he doesn't do it as long or as pronounced as it used to be. It might be once a night for a second or two. Now it's entirely possible it could be coincidenece but I find it really odd that it all of sudden stopped after a month and a half of doing it.

yes, it can take awhile for some 'things' to make their way out. Seriously, you have no idea some of the 'things' i've seen having worked at a doggie daycare for 4 years
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Thank you everyone I appreciate your concerns and feed back I hope there's nothing else lingering around inside of him. I just did another sweep of the whole house and can say we definitely don't have any string, at least not type I saw, the only thing that comes close is bungee cord and it's too big and it's way out-of-the-way for him to even get to.
    Last edited by BrooklynStar; 04-08-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads