Bailey seems to have "dimples" all over her coat????

hurffman

Apr 3, 2012
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
bailey
The fur is still there, but it just looks like fur craters almost? No bald spots just a bunch of indents in the fur. Originally thought it was from her playing with my other dog, but its getting worse. Trying to get pictures, but its not showing up too good. Any ideas what this could be? shes about 4 months old and does play pretty rough with my other dog.

Attachments

• IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,887
  • IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,541

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
this looks like it might be hives....if it is, you could give benadryl. there is a specific dosage which i forget. probably one of the experts here will know. i have given ivy 50mg and she is 28kg (multiply by 2.2 to get lbs).

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
It does look live hives. You can give 1 Benadryl for every 25 lbs. My Vegas weighs 57 so he can have two.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I agree with all above! She has an allergy to something...maybe food, outside grass,pollen things like that and then you have househould stuff from laundry detg to cleaning products...Just keep and eye on her and see if you can notice any changes and when it happens again! Good Luck

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Well I blew up the size of the pictures and to me, it looks like serious shedding going on there. Could be really ruff play like you said.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
i think i agree with sherry, hives shouldn't be dimples or indentations. they are raised bumps. you other dog might be biting her causing her to lose hair like that

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
if they feel like bumps, they are probably hives, since you mentioned there is no hair loss.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
definatly hives,annie had these a couple of weeks ago ,she was covered ,got them after rubbing against pine trees,a lot of bulldogs are allergic to the sticky sap that comes off them,this is the only time antihistamines have helped her they dont touch her other allergies,but i have read that if its food allergy then antihistamines dont work,karen

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hives are not indentions. they are raised bumps that you can feel. might wanna get it checked by a vet if it continues. if it is shedding could be an allergy also or just rough play. let us know whats going on.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea has a few of those now too. I think it's "Spring Allergy" season.

Completely non-related, but I can see her seasonal alopecia is going to come back too. Woohoo. :blink:

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i know hives are raised ,when annie started darting about like she had fleas on first glance her fur looked like the pics posted ,after a couple of hours they were raised ,karen

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Mr. D had that - when you touch the hair on the dimples, the hair would pull right out and leave normal skin under in a crater/circular pattern. He looked flea bitten and it was all over - but he has no fleas. Vet had no idea what it was a month ago, did all kinds of tests/scrapings with no results except a positive fungal panel for yeast - hair is growing back but it still looks similar to your pics. He is on a probiotic, food change, and weekly baths with anti yeast shampoo. Other vet said it was seasonal alopecia but it doesn't look like the pics I have seen of that. Hope you can figure out because we can't, ugh!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=4625]hurffman[/MENTION] .... HIVES! you can give 1mg of Benedryl per pound to help with them. If they are or get so bad she is having issues breathing get to the emergency room. Also, think about getting a full blood screen allergy test done to determine what her allergens are.

OP
H

hurffman

Apr 3, 2012
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
bailey
Just realized I did change her food recently.....went to a different kind of science diet.....maybe thats the issue? Ive been giving her 1 25mg a day, and it doesnt seem to be doing anything.

hparker37

Feb 13, 2012
Kingwood, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooey
Hooey had these exact same things. He would loose some of the hair in the spots that had little indentions. The vet told us they were from his allergies and kind of like "hot spots". We have since changed his food and they cleared up..although he has gotten a few back since it is allergy season.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online