annies allergy test results

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i decided to get annie tested for allergies so i sent hair samples off to a holistic testing practitioner ,although her scratching is 90%better shes still itching a little which is a pain,shes allergic to dust mite,gold,housefly,dog!!!!,down,wool,ultraviolet rays,spider,ants,diesel fuel,chicken,cheese,trout,and a few irritants which are not allergies,i was sent a bottle of holistic meds for her for 6 weeks ,the man at the lab telephoned me and said that he can get rid of her allergies so im hopefull,so i pulled all my carpets up lol,the old man had a fit!!!!,i was really worried as i thought i would have to stop raw feeding but its only chicken shes allergic to and i guessed that anyway as i did with the wool,i put her itching down to ocd as antihistamines dont work on her but it turns out shes not mad :lol:oh and shes allergic to eggs and garlic ,both of which she has daily,he advised me to simmer fresh lavender for 20 mins ,add 2 slices of lemon let it sit overnight .strain it and put it into a spray bottle to use on her every 3 days as it will repell fleas and mites,he also does the vaccines that do not compromise the immune system,he said that most dogs get allergy through over vacs and frontline and other topical flea treatments,all this testing ,meds and advice cost me only 25 english pound,a bargain ,so i will keep you posted on annies progress,karen
006-2.jpg

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
awsome [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] thats great that you had this done and now can hopefully totally get rid of annies itching and get back into life. :dance3:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Thats great that you got her tested. Now she is on her way to itch free hopefully...Can you PM me where you sent it to? Most of our vets around here either dont know what it is or want 500 to test.

L

Lucy-licious

Wow, Karen only 25 quid...bargain :)
Annie as always looks beautiful and her face is sooo white how do you do it?
Keep us informed if the lavender spray works...I dont currently use anty flee meds on Lucy, I use it on the cat and thats it. so far "touch wood" we havn't had a problem :)

Ultra violet rays!! I see lots of sunblock in your future...My eldest son used to get prickly heat and hives when it was sunny and the only way we prevented it was with factor 50 total sunblock.
and DOG?! too. not something that ever would have crossed my mind.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
She is gorgeous! Such a pearly white face! Glad you got the answers and all goes well!

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Thats great that you got her tested. Now she is on her way to itch free hopefully...Can you PM me where you sent it to? Most of our vets around here either dont know what it is or want 500 to test.

Same here please if that's ok.
I want to have Lily tested but I wasn't sure where to go..

That was such a great idea. I hope she starts to feel much better soon!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
YAY!!! I bet it feels so wonderful to know what is good and what isnt for her. My gosh tho, that is a difficult list isnt it? haha I have to say she really IS beautiful!!!! I am not here enough lately to see everyone and their babies and she is prettier than I remember. :D

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Her face looks so good and she is such a beautiful girl! Keep us posted too on the progress as well as how well the flea repellent works. I would love to use something more natural.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION]
She looks so good and I'm so glad you got some hopeful advice. I'll be interested in how things work out...am definately going to try the lavender and lemon spray here ( if nothing else the dogs will smell lovely, lol).... Was recently at the vet dermatologist to get allergy tested for my bullie....but she found yeast all over him and wants to get that under control before testing for allergies....

I'm rethinking food again...I have some friends who feed raw but my Schultz isn't the best chewer and I always fear he will choke... Just wish the dehydrated raw food I give him now didn't have potatoes ....anyways best of luck ....give that beautiful Annie a big hug from us....

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Wow, Karen only 25 quid...bargain :)
Annie as always looks beautiful and her face is sooo white how do you do it?
Keep us informed if the lavender spray works...I dont currently use anty flee meds on Lucy, I use it on the cat and thats it. so far "touch wood" we havn't had a problem :)

Ultra violet rays!! I see lots of sunblock in your future...My eldest son used to get prickly heat and hives when it was sunny and the only way we prevented it was with factor 50 total sunblock.
and DOG?! too. not something that ever would have crossed my mind.
i know allergic to dog dander!!!!pathetic or what,i put her white face down to raw feed,colloidal silver and only paper toweling her face i never wash it and only ever use sudacrem sparingly but not often,karen

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
@karenben
She looks so good and I'm so glad you got some hopeful advice. I'll be interested in how things work out...am definately going to try the lavender and lemon spray here ( if nothing else the dogs will smell lovely, lol).... Was recently at the vet dermatologist to get allergy tested for my bullie....but she found yeast all over him and wants to get that under control before testing for allergies....

I'm rethinking food again...I have some friends who feed raw but my Schultz isn't the best chewer and I always fear he will choke... Just wish the dehydrated raw food I give him now didn't have potatoes ....anyways best of luck ....give that beautiful Annie a big hug from us....
dogs choke on kibble more than raw,annie doesnt chew she gulps it down so i cut her meat into cubes ,no problems as yet ,raw is better for a yesty dog,karen

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good Lord she is gorgeous

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Fascinating ... and only GBP 25!!!!! I'm gasping right now ..... that's a bargain!!

She is just so beautiful ... you really need to post more photos of her because you can tell that Annie and [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] Lucy are just different from american english bulldogs. Gorgeous!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online