Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Coughing and Dry-Heaving

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyBully82 View Post
    My baby isn't eating at all. We hat to force him to come out of his crate just to go outside to use the bathroom. He drank some water and that was it. We made an appointment with our vet for tomorrow morning. With him not eating anything it is extremely difficult to give him the medication. I'm trying to just pray and not worry...please pray for us!
    No good when they are lethargic.... prayers and positive thoughts. Please be sure to update us after the appointment. Give him a big hug
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Well hope he gets better soon,and you can also try some raw hamburger meat mixed with his kibble. We did this with Buddy when we were trying to put some weight on him when he would not eat. He will just get tired of his kibble until we change to one he likes. Picky little butt. As far as the lemon juice I would only use it when he has a lot of phlegm in his throat, like they do when they over heat.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Likes (Received)

Thanks for your prayers, hugs, and warm thoughts! Jackson saw the vet this morning and she said that it is definitely an upper respitory infection. She gave him 2 Kefzol (I think that's what my husband said) shots and said to resume his medication tomorrow morning. She gave us a syringe so that we can mix his meds with water and basically shoot it into his mouth. She also said that she can tell his throat is really sore, so that is why he isn't eating. She gave him some prescription dog food (it was like pureed or something) and he ate it all up! I was surprised b/c I tried to give him some sof food last night (pumpkin mashed with banana (both of which he usually loves) and he wouldn't even sniff at it. I am so relieved. Do you think we should still give him the benadryl along w/ the meds? And what are your opinions on the prescription dog food?

So, for the next week or so we'll be nursing our baby back to health. Thank God he's going to be OK!

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

to be honest if he was my dog i would feed him tripe as its so smelly they cant resist it,a bland diet is ok but to keep his weight on id be looking at a high calorie foods until hes better,good luck,karen

Likes (Received)

I'm going to have to google "tripe" b/c I have no idea what it is or where to get it! lol. Forgive my ignorance.

Likes (Received)

Jackson is doing so much better! Yesterday he really seemed to perk up and today he's almost acting normal. He is still coughing, but way less than before. He's up running around and barking at people that pass by the house. lol. I'm soooo glad to see my baby improving. I prayed so hard for him. I think it helped that my husband came back home too (he was out of town for a class) b/c he plays with him and rough-houses more than I do.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyBully82 View Post
    Jackson is doing so much better! Yesterday he really seemed to perk up and today he's almost acting normal. He is still coughing, but way less than before. He's up running around and barking at people that pass by the house. lol. I'm soooo glad to see my baby improving. I prayed so hard for him. I think it helped that my husband came back home too (he was out of town for a class) b/c he plays with him and rough-houses more than I do.

GREAT to hear... i hope he continues to do well!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the update and so glad he's doing a lot better! Keep giving the meds the vet gave you and you'll do just fine. No need to give him benedryl anymore since it's not allergies.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Phew ..... I'm so glad to hear that he is doing better ... it's just so worrying when they are ill!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads