Update on TBone: Cherry Eye

TBone

Sep 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
T Bone
Hello All,

It has been awhile since I posted....but I wanted you to know that T Bone had his double cherry eye surgery a few weeks ago and is recovering nicely. He was neutered at the same time as well. The surgery was quite costly, $903.00, but was significantly reduced due to a clerical error at the vet's office. The charge should have been almost $1300.00! I live in Western PA. The worst part was keeping him in the E Collar....he destroyed 2 in a week and we finally gave up. Luckily he did not scratch or lick anything he was not supposed to. As the photo shows, it was all worth it!

Otherwise, TBone is not a miniature anything....he tips the scales at over 50 pounds at 9 months!

Have a great day!

Attachments

• TBone 9 months07.jpg
    TBone 9 months07.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 130

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Im so glad that the surgery went well...He is adorable

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Good to hear from you and about Tbone... what a cutie. That sounds like it was a huge expense but his eyes look soooo good now. Don't be such a stranger. lol :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
awe he is cute. They do look so much better and more comfortable once that surgery is done huh? Sounds like he is about the same size as my Cutty. He was 49 pounds at 9 months if I remember correctly, now 52 is his healthy average.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Glad everything went well! Cute pictre he is so handsome!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad to have you back and T-Bone looks great. Glad the surgery went well.

OP
T

TBone

Sep 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
T Bone
Thanks everyone.....we will try skateboarding next. I have been inspired, once again, by your Board. Hope you all had a great Sunday!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
tjat for giving us an update... so happy it all went well!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome back and great news!!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
He looks fantastic! So worth it. :luv: More pictures when u get a chance between skateboarding sessions. :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Chants *Skateboard video* *Skateboard video* *Skateboard video*

We want to see the next Tillman in his skateboard development stages....:detective:

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] thought maybe if you had any questions with Dozers cherry eye or the surgery Tbone could help! :)

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
@BrooklynStar thought maybe if you had any questions with Dozers cherry eye or the surgery Tbone could help! :)

Thanks,

Dozer's Cherry eye has has some blood coming out of it, we went to the emergency vet and they told us to go to our regular vet to have to surgery done to stitch the gland back in. In the mean time I have to give him eye drops every 4 to 6 hours...how long did the recovery take @TBone? Any special instructions for post-op?

OP
T

TBone

Sep 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
T Bone
Hello,

Before the surgery TBone's eyes looked very bad and some days it did look like they were bleeding or about to burst. Very frightening to look at, but they never bothered him. We were able to wait until we saved enough money and he was old enough to be neutered.

TBone had the gland stitched back in. Post op for TBone was very simple......drops every 8 hours for about a week and pain medication (however, I suspect that was for the neutering). At first his eyes were so swollen and red. However, after about a week, things took a drastic turn for the better. Truly, the hardest part was keeping him from overexerting himself (he did not fit in the crate with the collar on) and of course chewing on the E Collar.

His eyes still appear bloodshot at times (but they always have) and they get a little yucky (I just wipe them with a soft warm cloth).

I hope this helps.....I wish your Baby Dozer all the best.

OP
T

TBone

Sep 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
T Bone
Skateboarding did not go so well.......no videos yet....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online