Thread: Update on TBone: Cherry Eye

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Update on TBone: Cherry Eye

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    @BrooklynStar thought maybe if you had any questions with Dozers cherry eye or the surgery Tbone could help!
    Thanks,

Dozer's Cherry eye has has some blood coming out of it, we went to the emergency vet and they told us to go to our regular vet to have to surgery done to stitch the gland back in. In the mean time I have to give him eye drops every 4 to 6 hours...how long did the recovery take @TBone? Any special instructions for post-op?

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    T Bone
    Likes (Received)

Hello,

Before the surgery TBone's eyes looked very bad and some days it did look like they were bleeding or about to burst. Very frightening to look at, but they never bothered him. We were able to wait until we saved enough money and he was old enough to be neutered.

TBone had the gland stitched back in. Post op for TBone was very simple......drops every 8 hours for about a week and pain medication (however, I suspect that was for the neutering). At first his eyes were so swollen and red. However, after about a week, things took a drastic turn for the better. Truly, the hardest part was keeping him from overexerting himself (he did not fit in the crate with the collar on) and of course chewing on the E Collar.

His eyes still appear bloodshot at times (but they always have) and they get a little yucky (I just wipe them with a soft warm cloth).

I hope this helps.....I wish your Baby Dozer all the best.

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    T Bone
    Likes (Received)

Skateboarding did not go so well.......no videos yet....

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Hello,

Before the surgery TBone's eyes looked very bad and some days it did look like they were bleeding or about to burst. Very frightening to look at, but they never bothered him. We were able to wait until we saved enough money and he was old enough to be neutered.

TBone had the gland stitched back in. Post op for TBone was very simple......drops every 8 hours for about a week and pain medication (however, I suspect that was for the neutering). At first his eyes were so swollen and red. However, after about a week, things took a drastic turn for the better. Truly, the hardest part was keeping him from overexerting himself (he did not fit in the crate with the collar on) and of course chewing on the E Collar.

His eyes still appear bloodshot at times (but they always have) and they get a little yucky (I just wipe them with a soft warm cloth).

I hope this helps.....I wish your Baby Dozer all the best.
    Thanks for that info atleast i know what im in store for when he gets it done weds. Goodluck to you and your bully as well!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Skateboarding did not go so well.......no videos yet....
    Maybe T Bone just needs to see how its done! And by a girl at that! @Fergie has a video of fergie just learning to skateboard

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jax
    Likes (Received)

My Jax was neutered today and also had a double cherry eye surgery. His right eye was the worst and so we had to remove the gland. His left eye only came out a little and so they just tucked it back in with a suture. How long were T-bone's eyes really red and swollen after surgery? His right eye is just red and the left eye is inflammed and red. Doc said it should look better in the next couple of days. It just looks so bad right now. I wasn't sure if this was really normal?

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Good luck To Jax. Hope he gets along as well as TBone did. You both might want to ask your vets about testing/drops for dry eye. Opt immune ointment has made a world of difference in HRH's eyes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads