Cooper and his tummy/food issues...

C

Cooper11

Coop has been on veggie only diet for the last 4-5 day and he has never looked better. Face is solid white, no throwing up, and :poo: is solid. I was waiting on his fromm to be delivered and got it yesterday and mixed some with his veggies and noticed his face was starting to get red (chin and forehead) He woke up nice and white and I gave him some fromm again and within 15 minutes he was getting red again....Should I give fromm more time, should I just do allergy test to figure out his allergies and then try to find a food, If I give fromm a little more time how long should I give it???? He hasn't throw up with the fromm yet and still his solid poo???? Any suggestions????

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
When I switched I didnt see a difference for a good 1mnth to 1mnth 1/2! He barely licks his paws and when he does he had just came in from outside so i think its enviromental...With Cooper he needs to get a good balanced diet b/c he is still a puppy and the veggie diet isnt giving him everything he needs. The food issue could be figured out with allergy panel. If he isnt :barf: and :poo: is good keep up with them Fromm. If hives start then it could be that but I assume it would have happend already! The others will have more Hope all goes well Meg!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
How Much Fromm are you giving him....??
Don't you already have a thread going with this same basic topic?

OP
C

Cooper11

How Much Fromm are you giving him....??
Don't you already have a thread going with this same basic topic?

My other thread is about him throwing up and being sick...... this thread is more i just need to know if i should stick with fromm and give it more time. I just got it yesterday....and he had a few small handfuls......... Are you suggesting i am repeating thread and need to just comment on my old one????

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
No,, its ok.. How much are you giving him per serving?

OP
C

Cooper11

No,, its ok.. How much are you giving him per serving?

I gave him his veggies and then put maybe like 1/5 of a cup (small handful) and mixed together.....he probably has had a total of a cup or so in 24 hours....

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I gave him his veggies and then put maybe like 1/5 of a cup (small handful) and mixed together.....he probably has had a total of a cup or so in 24 hours....

I would think he needs to eat more than that! Maybe 1 cup in am with veggies and 1 cup in pm with veggies...The normal is about 1 3/4 cups 2x a day on the bag I think right! I feed Brutus 1 1/2 cups in am 1 scrambled egg and 2cups pm with 1tbsp yogurt

OP
C

Cooper11

I would think he needs to eat more than that! Maybe 1 cup in am with veggies and 1 cup in pm with veggies...The normal is about 1 3/4 cups 2x a day on the bag I think right! I feed Brutus 1 1/2 cups in am 1 scrambled egg and 2cups pm with 1tbsp yogurt

Yeah it says 2 1/3 cup to like 3 1/3 cup per day...... but since he hasn't been on kibble in awhile and has the throwing up thing.....I was just slowly adding some in.....I will add more today. But he is getting plenty to eat between the fromm and the veggies.....

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] I thought you said 1 cup total with veggies! I didnt know just 1 cup of Fromm plus veggies! Sorry about that! Still slow transitition but I think he should be ok

OP
C

Cooper11

@ChanelnBrutus i know thats what you thought after I read what I typed! :) and OMG I just opened the freezer and I dunno if my hubby moved something on top of the fridge but I had a bottle of wine up there in this little double rack thing and as I opened the freezer...the wine and everything just came down on my head! Seriously I don't know how it didn't knock me out or break the bottle of wine....Hurt WAY Bad and I know have an instant headache and the top of my head is numb and hurting!!! I'm so glad no one saw me do that lol.....Scared the crap outs Coop he started barking, knocked my pop over, and jumped on the computer and even popped a couple keys off the keyboard.....

And you don't have to say you are sorry dork! :picknose:

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I wish I would have seen it BAHAHAHAH I would have helped :laugh:

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
for what it's worth, [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION], i am glad you have made a new thread. easier to navigate through coop's ongoing troubles. when i read the first part, i was all, 'yay!!':yes: and then i kept reading and was all, 'poo!!':nonono: hoping for coop's stability in the food and :poo: department.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh to have been a fly on the wall for that one. :laugh: Glad you are OK.

as for the food, give a little more each day - I'd start out with 1/4 cup and work it up to a full cup and then give it at least a month UNLESS he has a really bad reaction to it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online