Chin

SJQuirk

Dec 21, 2010
South Dakota
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
I noticed a part of my bulldogs chin is red, a little puffy and almost looks like a cluster of small zits. I am not sure if he just gets this from laying on his chin but I was wondering what I could use to reduce the swelling, he doesn't seem like it bothers him but it looks painful to me!

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
it is probably bully acne. Watson has been dealing with it. I just try to keep it clean and dry. Wipe his face after meals and drinking water. Stridex pads made it worse i think.

[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] is dealing with the same. maybe she can give you some advice

C

Cooper11

Also do you use stainless steal bowls???? If not might want to get some. Bullies can have allergies to the other bowls! :)
Cooper hasn't hit puberty yet....no acne :blink:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wilson gets these on occasion. I just wash and dry and then apply a very thin layer of Desitin, Neosporin or even Vaseline. Make sure you keep the water bowl clean because I know my Wilson totally slobbers all the water bowls. :barf: Bacteria builds up very quickly in a contaminated water bowl.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I noticed a part of my bulldogs chin is red, a little puffy and almost looks like a cluster of small zits. I am not sure if he just gets this from laying on his chin but I was wondering what I could use to reduce the swelling, he doesn't seem like it bothers him but it looks painful to me!

Yes we are still dealing with it! Its gotten much better as its not raised any longer. Brutus is a drooler when drinking, playing or sleeping. We have to contstanly keep his mouth dry and clean. I started using Noxema pads. I have allways used stainless steel for him to drink and eat and now clean his face 4x a day. Only advice is keep it cllean and dry and use noxema (def didnt spelll that right)

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Our bully's got bad enough that I took to the vet and he was put on a strong antibiotic for 21 days. He'd never had such a large area of it before. It was huge, like 1/2 of his chin, like they had merged together, and the vet said it was probably full of pus. :( It's been almost a month now and It's almost gone but you can still see where it was. That was with wiping after drinking, malaket wipes, and clean stainless bowls. I think sometimes they just get deep and bad. I'd take to the vet if it doesn't clear up or look better in a week or so.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea used to get zits - Bo never has. Once I started using stainless steel bowls, washed in soapy, hot water and rinsed after each meal, they went away. The water bowl gets turned (emptied, rinsed, filled) a few times a day too and washed with hot, soapy water and rinsed well at least once a day.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Great advice already but I would get some malaket wipes. Cutty had some random ones last month out of nowhere that were icky. Cleaned them with 1 wipe, it was almost gone by nighttime. Have heard the stridex works similarly but havent tried. I know the malaket works tho. ;)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I agree with all the above, use stainless steel bowls and wipe the chin after drinking.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online