Sumo's Shedding

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
Hi Everyone,

Sumo has been shedding WAY more than ever before. She's 10 months. She just got spayed last week, and i noticed when i picked her up from the vet that so much hair was coming off! it's continued for a week. I'm not used toall this shedding.

Is this a seasonal thing?
any advice would be great!

Thanks!

C

Cooper11

Yes seasonal shedding...... well at least here in the states it is. I don't know how your weather is there! Also buy the Zoom Groom brush from pet smart or petco or online at amazon......its a rubber brush and it works miracles!!!! I made a post on it. Cooper was shedding really bad a few weeks ago and I got the zoom groom and I couldn't believe how much hair I got off him. Now I brush him everyday or every other and probably would really only need to once a week or so but I hate the shedding hair :) I have noticed a big difference!!! I can pet him on his back several times now and not get any hair off him!
[MENTION=2896]SUMOPUP[/MENTION]

Last edited:
C

Cooper11

O and Coop was shedding WAY bad when he got neutered..... I think it was [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] said when they go under anesthesia that causes shedding too! I was grossed out with how much hair he was losing when he came home from getting fixed. I was like WTH did they do to him lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Some is seasonal and the other could be from the stress of the surgery. Should get better in about a month.

OP
SUMOPUP

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
Wow so many responses already! Thanks so much! makes me feel better to know others go through the same!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Yep to seasonal ... and yep to the stress of surgery!!! :yes:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I just gave Brutus a bath last night and brushed most of the hair :hmm: I thought I did and today its like he never got brushed! Ughhhh I have to get a zoomer groomer [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION]

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
maybe i am not using the zoom groom right but i used it on my parents' long haired dachshund and it really didn't pull off that much hair :confused:
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION]

C

Cooper11

maybe i am not using the zoom groom right but i used it on my parents' long haired dachshund and it really didn't pull off that much hair :confused:
@Cooper11

Yeah I don't think it works that great on long haired dogs. I did in on my other dog he doesn't have really long hair pry like an inch and a half and I didn't get much off him either. When you do it on Watson don't feel like you need to do it lightly....do it firm like you are giving him massage! And you can do circular motions too, to get more hair off! Trust me if Watson has the same Coat as Coop you will get a lot of hair! It works awesome in the tub too! If Watson has a the very soft shorter coat it doesn't work the best. Gracie has the softer coat but it still works on her just works better for her legs, tummy, and chest! Not so much her back! Do you parents have a short hair or only long??

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
@Cooper11 we have three dachshunds, 2 short-haired and 1 long haired. Watson's coat i would say is on the longer side so probably more like Cooper. He also sheds more than our dachshunds. I tried it on the black/tan one and it pulled off a little bit of hair but not alot. I will see what it does for Watson.

276_31603346207_586166207_1548186_789_n.jpg

C

Cooper11

@Cooper11 we have three dachshunds, 2 short-haired and 1 long haired. Watson's coat i would say is on the longer side so probably more like Cooper. He also sheds more than our dachshunds. I tried it on the black/tan one and it pulled off a little bit of hair but not alot. I will see what it does for Watson.

276_31603346207_586166207_1548186_789_n.jpg

Yeah and looking at them I am assuming they have a shorter coat???? Looks short and smooth anyway. Def try in on Watson and see if it works on him!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
O and Coop was shedding WAY bad when he got neutered..... I think it was @2BullyMama said when they go under anesthesia that causes shedding too! I was grossed out with how much hair he was losing when he came home from getting fixed. I was like WTH did they do to him lol

Stress also adds to the shedding

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Gracie has been shedding like crazy since her surgery..Anesthsia? causes it to get worse.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.