Nigel - Paw Tremor and Loss of Balance

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
:bully: Yesterday Nigel was walking and it was like his paw came out from under him and he stumbled. Then I saw his paw shake and he couldn't control it. When he would try to stand on it he couldn't and he would almost fall forward since it's his left front paw. It lasted just a few minutes and when he came to sit by me I rubbed it and he didn't pull away so it doesn't seem like he was in pain. I checked to see if he had stepped on something but found nothing in his paw. I massaged from his shoulder down to his paw and he sat still and let me do this for a good few minutes.
I've never seen this happen to him before and wanted to post to see if anyone knew anything or has experienced this and could offer info?
Thank you!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hey there! This has happend to Brutus before but it was due to him having a seizure. I am not saying thats what it is as it could be something else. I would just monitor him make sure he is eating,drinking, etc is all good. The last 3 seizures Brutus had was almost as if his legs gave out and he dropped to the floor but totaly concisous aware of what was going on! Just keep an eye on him and try to see if it happens again! Hope it was just maybe he stepped the wrong way or his leg maybe fell asleep! :hug: to you

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Oh no! Poor Nigel. Hopefully he stepped on something or it's growing pains (how old is he?). Never heard of tremors for paws.. Someone will give you some insight..

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
If he just go up from laying down it may have just been a sleep. Kind of how it happens to us when we sleep on our arm wrong. Just watch him and hopefully it won't happen again.

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
My guy is always tripping over his own feet, so hopefully that's all your Nigel did and maybe pulled a muscle or something to do with a nerve making his paw shake :/

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
If he just go up from laying down it may have just been a sleep. Kind of how it happens to us when we sleep on our arm wrong. Just watch him and hopefully it won't happen again.

I vote for what David says. :yes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.