AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
First of all, thank you so much to those of you who have been asking about Aubrey! [MENTION=4263]rainyruth[/MENTION] , [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] , [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION], [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] ... and sorry who I forgot to mention!

We took her to the Auburn Veterinary School today since the meds they put her on didn't help, and upon their initial examinations, they felt a lump in her stomach that was tender to the touch. :nope: They also tested her blood and even though she wasn't anemic last time, she is now. She's lost almost 4 pounds since she left there two weeks ago. Today they just did physical examinations and a ultrasound. The ultrasound wasn't their top of the line machine because they didn't want to charge us $125 for the good one knowing either way they are "going in" tomorrow. They couldn't see anything about the lump. So, sometime tomorrow they are going to put her under, look into her stomach, make a plan, and do surgery to fix whatever they find.

Since they said lump, I have been nervous all day. Is it a tumor? Is there an object in her stomach somehow they missed last time? Is it an ulcer that has gotten really bad and swollen? They really don't know, but we should know something about what it was and she should be in recovery by tomorrow evening.

Positive thoughts and/or prayers would be great!! I am so nervous, but as long as my baby gets better, I am going to be so happy!

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I'm late to this, but just wanted to wish Aubrey good luck tomorrow! I hope they find the answer to her problems and she makes a speedy recovery!!

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
Good luck, sending thoughts and prayers your way :heart: I know it's nerve racking....they are just like our kids :luv: Keep us posted :yes:

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=3654]AubreysMom[/MENTION] yes positive thoughts....If you haven't read there has been some on here that their bullies ate something they couldn't digest and the xray didn't show anything so that could still be an option of why she is sick.....Fingers crossed and I know you are going to worry until you get called tomorrow about what they have found!! Poor baby i was hoping she didn't lose anymore weight. If I could give her some of Gracie weight I would...we all know she could benefit from losing a few pounds! :) I will be thinking of you and waiting for an update tomorrow!!!! :pray:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Positive thoughts, prayers and big bully hugs. Try to get some rest tomorrow will be a long day.... keep us posted on everything.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:hug: and :pray: to your baby! Big :hug: to you! Will be thinking positive thoughts!!!! Hope all goes well...Ill keep an eye for an update tommorow! I know you are nervous as its normal but get some rest and relax as much as you can! Keep your head up everything will get better! We are here if you need anything!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Since they said lump, I have been nervous all day. Is it a tumor? Is there an object in her stomach somehow they missed last time? Is it an ulcer that has gotten really bad and swollen? They really don't know, but we should know something about what it was and she should be in recovery by tomorrow evening.

Positive thoughts and/or prayers would be great!! I am so nervous, but as long as my baby gets better, I am going to be so happy!

Guessing like that will only make you crazy. We have enough crazys around here already ;)

Prayers to Aubrey today.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Positive and heeling thoughts from me and Usko.

C

Cooper11

We are all just worry warts! :yes: so we can't stop thinking about you and Aubrey!!! Hope she is doing good and you get great news and great results!!!!

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Her intestines have fused together in some way and are communicating or something. They are going to try to fix it, but she might not make it through. It's a very dangerous surgery. Please pray for us. :cry::cry:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm usually not the praying kind, but I'll make an exception in your case. Stay strong, all our thoughts are with you.

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm usually not the praying kind, but I'll make an exception in your case. Stay strong, all our thoughts are with you.

I'm not the praying type either usually.... so thank you, I really appreciate it.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Her intestines have fused together in some way and are communicating or something. They are going to try to fix it, but she might not make it through. It's a very dangerous surgery. Please pray for us. :cry::cry:

She's young, she's relatively healthy and she knows she is loved and has a lot to come home to. She WILL be ok! :pray::pray:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.