AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
She didn't throw up the night they had her or last night. She did throw up a little this morning though. I don't expect it to stop immediately; I know I have to give her medicines time to work.

She weighed 38, which is 2 pounds more than when we took her 4 weeks ago and they treated her for whip worm. She's not gaining, but thank goodness so far she is maintaining.

We are going to use the school as our vet unless its something simple. They were great and I wish we had went sooner. Our vet didn't do blood work or xrays, which I wasn't happy about. I am more than happy to drive 1 hour to go to the school.

When they do surgery they will be performing a biopsy of her stomach and working on whatever they may find when they do the scope beforehand. If the uclers are bad, they may have to cut out tissue I think. I am not positive of the details yet. It really depends on what they find on the scope.

They suggested the gastro food our vet tried on her, but she wouldn't eat it last time nor last night or today. So we gave her her regular food (Fromm) because they really didn't think the food would make a huge difference at this point.

C

Cooper11

Yeah they put Coop on the gastro canned food and I thought he was doing better but then he got worse.....that food is crap!!! :) His face got so red and thats when his cysts came. I am fully transistioned him to fromm and he is doing great. As of right now I am thinking he has a grain allergy!! We will take one day at a time but so far so good! I have leaned for towards healthy treats now like pieces in an apple, cucumber, or veggies! He loves the cucumber and my other dog does too. Gracie, my moms bully is a little more picky. I don't think she loves the cucumbers but she will eat them and we have learned she doesn't like the skin on her food. if you give her a piece of apple she wants you to skin it or she will spit it out and play with trying to get the good stuff and leave the skin....Cooper will usually pick up her droppings of treats! :) Cooper is not a picky eater... he will eat anything and now that he had been sick and was limited on food to eat he hadn't gotten treats for awhile. So I think anything food related is a treat to him!

I know that they said bleeding but I would really consider getting an allergy test done. Since her and Coopers sickness was so much alike and now I truly believe it was allergies it could save you some money and not have to have surgery if she keeps up with the throwing up.....I know Fromm is grain free but there may be something else in it she is allergic too..... it just scares me she is a picky eater and won't eat! But I agree at least she is maintaining weight and not losing that was exactly what I said about Cooper....although I haven't weighed him in a couple weeks and it is possible he did lose a pound or 2 but I think he is getting some fat on his bones now! :) Love hearing updates on Aubrey.. I was kinda busy and totally out of it earlier with Gunnyboy (tom) ...gunny passed away this morning and it has just been a very very sad and sstressful day. Keep us posted!!! :)

[MENTION=3654]AubreysMom[/MENTION]

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, she threw up Wednesday and Thursday morning and once this afternoon. It isn't every meal thank goodness and t is t all of her food. I know it may take a while for her medicine to show consistent results, but I hope it is soon. I am thinking of changing her to wet food because it might not irritate her tummy if she does has ulcers.

C

Cooper11

Well, she threw up Wednesday and Thursday morning and once this afternoon. It isn't every meal thank goodness and t is t all of her food. I know it may take a while for her medicine to show consistent results, but I hope it is soon. I am thinking of changing her to wet food because it might not irritate her tummy if she does has ulcers.

I know you are frustrated!......I think if the throwing up continues through the weekend we need to go a different route....Meds do take time to work....but really after a few days if they are not helping I don't see the point....and if she is throwing up you wonder how much of the med is getting in her system......I kept up with the meds too.....Coop was on meds for 3 weeks and still threw up.....n now i look at it as i was really giving meds that were not needed.... not saying that is how it is with aubrey....but answers is what we need....if the throwing up is still the problem we need to try something else....what r u feeding her now? and wen u gave her the veggies what veggies were they n did she throw them up later or right away.....It is just ironic to me that aubrey and Cooper sickness is basically spot on the same......i minus the bleeding.....she may have more than one problem going on but they are effected each other..... I am wondering about food allergy or allergy to something....have you stopped all treats....what is she eating now. I am not saying I know everything or you are doing stuff wrong...believe me I was so frustrated with Cooper and I was to the point at thinking nothing was going to help.....but we need to really look at what she is eating and when she is throwing up....if possible and if you want to but I hope you do....can you write a daily journal in this thread of what she is eating...food, meds, water, treats, ect.....and when and if she throws up....so we can try to help as much as possible...and may save you some money!!! I had spent the almost $800 in 2 weeks and was about to spend another $1000 on test that were not needed.....and I am so glad I didn't put Cooper through any more test and didn't spend any more money..... I know she is on fromm....and maybe she is allergic to something in the fromm....Sorry I am rambling...I just know how you feel and I have been out of the loop with yu cuz my mind has been on Gunny, Tom, and Connie,....but I didn't forget you and still thought about aubrey every day.....:) Lets try to figure this out..... [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] :) I hope we can help her as you helped me!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well im late to this but just want to throw prayers out there that you find out what it going on. and yes canned food would maybe help as it is easier to digest. just not that vet crap. oh so hope things get better. :hug:

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I know you are frustrated!......I think if the throwing up continues through the weekend we need to go a different route....Meds do take time to work....but really after a few days if they are not helping I don't see the point....and if she is throwing up you wonder how much of the med is getting in her system......I kept up with the meds too.....Coop was on meds for 3 weeks and still threw up.....n now i look at it as i was really giving meds that were not needed.... not saying that is how it is with aubrey....but answers is what we need....if the throwing up is still the problem we need to try something else....what r u feeding her now? and wen u gave her the veggies what veggies were they n did she throw them up later or right away.....It is just ironic to me that aubrey and Cooper sickness is basically spot on the same......i minus the bleeding.....she may have more than one problem going on but they are effected each other..... I am wondering about food allergy or allergy to something....have you stopped all treats....what is she eating now. I am not saying I know everything or you are doing stuff wrong...believe me I was so frustrated with Cooper and I was to the point at thinking nothing was going to help.....but we need to really look at what she is eating and when she is throwing up....if possible and if you want to but I hope you do....can you write a daily journal in this thread of what she is eating...food, meds, water, treats, ect.....and when and if she throws up....so we can try to help as much as possible...and may save you some money!!! I had spent the almost $800 in 2 weeks and was about to spend another $1000 on test that were not needed.....and I am so glad I didn't put Cooper through any more test and didn't spend any more money..... I know she is on fromm....and maybe she is allergic to something in the fromm....Sorry I am rambling...I just know how you feel and I have been out of the loop with yu cuz my mind has been on Gunny, Tom, and Connie,....but I didn't forget you and still thought about aubrey every day.....:) Lets try to figure this out..... @desertskybulldogs @Twice :) I hope we can help her as you helped me!

Right now she is eating water softened dog food and half wet canned food. She threw up a small bit on Thursday and Friday before I tried wetting it all, but yesterday (Saturday) she was fine and so far today she is doing great. We took her to the beach yesterday because she was feeling good and she had a blast! I was sooo excited to see her excited after being sick! I posted a slide show in the photos and pictures forum from her beach trip. She has had more energy the past couple of days and been more perky. Her :poo: is good and she is taking her medicine better too.

I am definitely not saying we are out of the woods, but she's had a good two days so far *fingers crossed*. I think her food being soft might be helping; I figure if she does have ulcers dry might have been irritating them. Hopefully the meds are getting ahead now.

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hope Aubrey keeps doing a little better day by day. :) When is her surgery?

If she does good tonight, she will have had two good days *fingers crossed*. Her surgery should be in May.

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
well im late to this but just want to throw prayers out there that you find out what it going on. and yes canned food would maybe help as it is easier to digest. just not that vet crap. oh so hope things get better. :hug:

Thanks [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]!

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=3654]AubreysMom[/MENTION] :) Cool well we will take 2 good days.....but yes I totally understand that we are not out of the woods yet.....is she still doing thr throwing up in the AM too.....I can't remember if you had tried giving her something to eat right before she goes to bed....Good idea to wet down the kibble....what canned food are you giving her??? I had Coop on the crap prescritpion ID for Gastro and he did good for like 3 or 4 days and then all the sudden started the :barf: again I was so frustrated!!!! Even now that he is pretty much all better when he burps or makes that noise like he threw up in his mouth or something i get worried.!!!! Finger Crossed for Aubrey! My mom was just looking at your slideshow I will go check it out!!! How fun she got to go to the beach and :heart: pet friendly hotels. We went to a hotel last night and I told the hubs you coulda picked one so Coop could have came lol.....he was like OMG! :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hoping and praying everything gets better for Aubrey! I know this is difficult when we cant fix something! :hug: to you and Aubrey!

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION]
The thing is we can't feed her right before bed. Her medicine is right before bed and she has to have it on an empty stomach. Her meds make her meal times strict because 1 med is 3x a day on empty stomach and one hour before eating and her iron pill is 1x a day on empty stomach and 1 hour before eating or other medication. We had to figure out a good schedule.
She makes this howling noise before vomiting and she just did it. We took her outside and got her mind off of it and she was fine. We've been able to distract her before and stop it. I wonder if her ulcers may get aggravated and the pain makes her want to throw up???? I think if it was really her feeling sick to her stomach, she wouldn't be able to just get over it like that. Who knows? My girl is a mystery, but thank goodness we've gone 48 hours so far. Fingers crossed for 72!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
***FINGERS CROSSED FOR 72***

Checking into the thread to see how Aubrey is.....:bully:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.