AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Are you using lawn chemicals, floor chemicals, rug chemicals anything that could be on her feet? Do you walk her? Those are some things to check also. You may not think about it, but mopping your floor with pine sol...then having her walk across it could upset her tummy if she's licking her feet.

We haven't been using any lawn chemicals at home, but now that you mention it... I take her to work every Friday and she might get chemicals on them there. Even weeks she is doing good she always throws up when she goes to work with me. Otherwise, we are very careful with floor chemicals around her; we don't let her on the tile or anything until it's been dry for a couple of hours. Either way, I am going to start wiping her paws when she comes in and whenever she goes over floor that was recently cleaned. Great ideas, thank you!

I wiped her paws when she came in earlier after she ate and she hasn't been licking them like usual, so maybe that will help.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hey I dont have much advice for you! I just hope she gets better!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Something I just thought of since you and Coop were talking about the paws.... wipe them off when you come in from being outside. If they are allergic to grass/weeds and they lick -- it will irritate the belly. Yes, this also bothered Nitschke. We keep baby wipes and a towel by the back door.

[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] [MENTION=3654]AubreysMom[/MENTION]

Great advice. Now that it's SPRING, folks are dumping all kinds of springtime chemicals on everything. Our little park near the house got a dose the other day. It's been 21 years since I've had to worry about buying baby wipes so I was pleased to find all kinds of fun "flavors" in the baby aisle. I used to use hypoallergenic but I'm trying out these new Huggies "Aloe and Cucumber" super wipes. The smell fantastic. (and of course, I'm watching closely in case there's something in there that doesn't agree with them)

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I always get Aubrey the hypoallergenic ones just in case.

She did good last night with her chicken and potato dinner, and she didn't throw up this morning. We'll see how she does throughout the day.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I always get Aubrey the hypoallergenic ones just in case.

She did good last night with her chicken and potato dinner, and she didn't throw up this morning. We'll see how she does throughout the day.

My fingers, toes, legs, eye and arms are crossed for a good day!

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
:yes::pray: I am keeping my fingers crossed that your baby continue to get better!! :happydance:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:pray: That the days get better and better! :hug:To you! Thanks for keeping us posted

[MENTION=3654]AubreysMom[/MENTION]

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
UPDATE

I decided to add veggies to her meals to give her something besides chicken, potatoes, and superfood complex in her meals. I saw Vegas' Stew recipe and Twice's veggie mash for Abby on here so I decided to make Aubrey a stew with things I knew she would eat.

Aubrey's Stew

2 medium cans of diced tomatoes
1 can of spinach
1 small can sliced mushrooms
1 chopped red bell pepper
1 chopped green bell pepper
1/2 bag sliced frozen carrots
1/2 bag chopped broccoli

I also added a bit of potato that I already made when mixing for her to eat.. I wanted to keep it separate in case it didn't go over well. All ingredients are either fresh, or low/no sodium. I also add boiled chicken when I heat for her to eat.

She loves it! She wanted more last night, but I didn't give her more in case it upset her tummy. I gave her a big portion today, so we will see how she does. I gave her a small snack of chicken/cheese/a few pieces of Fromm this afternoon because she was acting hungry. I will see how it goes with the dog food. At this point, I really do not think it is the dog food that is the problem. I think she has allergies, but not to Surf and Turf because she does so well on it most days. I really think she may be ingesting outdoor allergens and it makes her feel sick to her stomach, so she vomits. I gave her a Benedryl this afernoon because she has been in and out a lot since it's a pretty day. Her little paws and face are pink, so I hope it helps.

Anyway.. we will see what happens tonight and then tomorrow at the vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UPDATE

I decided to add veggies to her meals to give her something besides chicken, potatoes, and superfood complex in her meals. I saw Vegas' Stew recipe and Twice's veggie mash for Abby on here so I decided to make Aubrey a stew with things I knew she would eat.

Aubrey's Stew

2 medium cans of diced tomatoes
1 can of spinach
1 small can sliced mushrooms
1 chopped red bell pepper
1 chopped green bell pepper
1/2 bag sliced frozen carrots
1/2 bag chopped broccoli

I also added a bit of potato that I already made when mixing for her to eat.. I wanted to keep it separate in case it didn't go over well. All ingredients are either fresh, or low/no sodium. I also add boiled chicken when I heat for her to eat.

She loves it! She wanted more last night, but I didn't give her more in case it upset her tummy. I gave her a big portion today, so we will see how she does. I gave her a small snack of chicken/cheese/a few pieces of Fromm this afternoon because she was acting hungry. I will see how it goes with the dog food. At this point, I really do not think it is the dog food that is the problem. I think she has allergies, but not to Surf and Turf because she does so well on it most days. I really think she may be ingesting outdoor allergens and it makes her feel sick to her stomach, so she vomits. I gave her a Benedryl this afernoon because she has been in and out a lot since it's a pretty day. Her little paws and face are pink, so I hope it helps.

Anyway.. we will see what happens tonight and then tomorrow at the vet.

That sounds darn good! Good luck tomorrow and be sure to give us an update.

C

Cooper11

:) ..... When she goes outside does she try to eat the grass????? Cooper does that and they says it the way they deal with an upset tummy and they are eating to make themselves throw up...... Cooper LOVES his veggies to. I m still mixing to fromm. I think if the fromm works I am still going to give him a veggie snack here and there! :) I was afraid Coop would get the runs or gas from the veggies, but almost a week now of veggies and still solid :poo: and no :fart: or should I say no more than normal!! :) I couldn't remember if I told you to boil on the veggies together and then mash them up.....I am sure you probably red Twice's comment if you read through my stuff and she tells how and what to make! You can also give her some fresh raw veggies here and there to!! O and did she make a mess with the veggies. Cooper always gets it all over the floor!!! :cursing:

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sometimes she tries to eat grass, but not all the time. I tried mixing some Fromm with her dinner tonight, but she spit it all out. I went in and the were only a couple veggies left but practically all the dog food I put in there was spit into the bowl, lol. We will see what the vet says tomorrow, then go from there when it comes to her food. I might change her to a different flavor of Fromm if the vet doesn't think it is her food that's the problem; I just am not sure if it is or not because she does fine on in half the time. I am thinking about trying wet food and see if she likes it better. Maybe she is tired of the same old thing, who knows? I did boil all the veggies together. Personally, I think it stinks, but Aubs loves it. As long as she's eating and keeping it down, I am happy.

I'm getting nervous about the vet tomorrow morning. I want to know what's wrong, but I am so hoping it is something like allergies and not something major. If we can just get her back over 40 pounds, I will be over the moon!

C

Cooper11

Sometimes she tries to eat grass, but not all the time. I tried mixing some Fromm with her dinner tonight, but she spit it all out. I went in and the were only a couple veggies left but practically all the dog food I put in there was spit into the bowl, lol. We will see what the vet says tomorrow, then go from there when it comes to her food. I might change her to a different flavor of Fromm if the vet doesn't think it is her food that's the problem; I just am not sure if it is or not because she does fine on in half the time. I am thinking about trying wet food and see if she likes it better. Maybe she is tired of the same old thing, who knows? I did boil all the veggies together. Personally, I think it stinks, but Aubs loves it. As long as she's eating and keeping it down, I am happy.

I'm getting nervous about the vet tomorrow morning. I want to know what's wrong, but I am so hoping it is something like allergies and not something major. If we can just get her back over 40 pounds, I will be over the moon!

How old is she again???? Coop is almost 8 months I think he is right around 40 also. Not gaining but now we are getting kibble in him I am hoping he puts on a few pounds. Did the other vet do xrays and blood work.....if so I don't think he have to worry much about anything major.....but I know how you feel. I personally think both Coop and Aubrey have an allergy to something. I was thinking maybe grain for Coop but you have Aubrey on Fromm and isn't a fromm grain free??? You might just have a picky eater too....I know there are a few on here. I have Coop on the beef fritatta and he loves it. He eats all veggies and kibble and I have been giving him a handful of kibble only, here and there and he acts likes it the best thing in the world! lol I am nervous and excited for your vet appt too! I hope you learn something or they can give you suggestions. I might have to get Coop some of those awesome shoe socks...lol....his feet I think are getting better but he then they will look a little more red here and there and I don't know how long the cysts or whatever it is between his toes takes to go away! I am thinking about just getting an allergy test done just so I can know what his allergies are at this moment. But we are going on a litte over a week of no :barf: :) He played outside for awhile today and I notice his face is red! I need to get some Benedryl!

O and my hubby and daughter are totally grossed out by Coops veggies mush!!! The sweet potatoes in Coops I think makes it smell pretty good but they bout throw up looking at it! :)

C

Cooper11

Let us all know as soon as you find anything out tomorrow. I will be thinking of you guys! :)

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ugh... she just threw up. Not sure if its because I fed her too much (I did give her a little more because she seemed still hungry), or if its from her licking my foot earlier. I've been in and out, no telling what I stepped in, AND I cleaned the carpet earlier (we kept her off until dry and wiped her feet when she got on the couch with us). It wasn't long after she licked my foot that she threw up, which is similar to her licking her own feet then throwing up. So many variables... so frustrating!

Thanks for the thoughts... I will update after our visit tomorrow.

C

Cooper11

Ugh... she just threw up. Not sure if its because I fed her too much (I did give her a little more because she seemed still hungry), or if its from her licking my foot earlier. I've been in and out, no telling what I stepped in, AND I cleaned the carpet earlier (we kept her off until dry and wiped her feet when she got on the couch with us). It wasn't long after she licked my foot that she threw up, which is similar to her licking her own feet then throwing up. So many variables... so frustrating!

Thanks for the thoughts... I will update after our visit tomorrow.

I Know how that is with over feeding. I have learned to just stick with 4-5 small meals witch seems to help Cooper.....But I find myself wanting to give him a little more cuz he will be sitting in his spot he sits in when he thinks its chow time! I'm bad at sneaking a little to him here and there! :) Ugh So was it the veggies she threw up..... I hate cleaning barf up especially on the carpet!!! Between Coop and trying to potty train my little boy I wouldn't eat anything that dropped on the carpet! LOL Cooper has peed, :poo:, :barf:, on my carpet and my son has peed, :poo: (coming out of his diaper or underwear!), :barf: (all over his bed and carpet 2 days ago) and spilled so much stuff on my carpet. I'm to the point of wanting to rip the carpet out and put tile or hardwood. I'm tired of stepping in wet spots from me cleaning up the messes! :cursing:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.