Scared!!

C

Cooper11

See, for the most part Aubrey throws up hours after she eats. Sometimes it's one hour, sometimes it's two, others it's 5 to 8. Sometimes it is digested and just liquid, others it is undigested.

Sounds exactly like Cooper!!!! Keep s updated! I would love to know what you find out!!!! So I can suggest it to my vet :). Since Coop started the veggies we are still going good and strong. No throwing up for almost a week. But like i say that doesn't say much cuz he throws up randomly! But since the veggie diet I feel more confident in him and that he isn't going to throw up.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
cutty had an acid reflux to one of his food brands a while back. We changed foods and he stopped throwing up. maybe it is just worse in your baby?

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Sorry to hear about Aubrey, it sure is stressful and makes a body heartsick when someone you care about doesn't feel well and you don't know how to help them. But I see you are getting some good advice already and those Drs. at the college have probably seen it all and will know exactly what is wrong with Aubrey. We wish you luck and a good outcome :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Missy our Beagle did that and we went through about 6 or 7 different foods until we found one she would not throw up. She has been fine every since.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It does sound awful .. I hope you find an answer soon!!! Have you considered raw feeding???

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=3654]AubreysMom[/MENTION]

It could be allergy related or pallet issue as others have said. Nitshcke was like this for his first 1 1/2 years - when we got the allergy test done (full blood screen) and found out he was allergic to rice and dairy he was fine. But then he started random bouts of just foam which was caused by the elongated pallet. Have the school or your vet do the barium as Megan (Cooper11) suggested to make sure there isn't any blockage.

Good luck and keep us posted.

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Thank you all for your helpful advice. I HATE waiting until Monday, but I am glad we could get her into a good vet. She turned her nose up at breakfast this morning and threw up twice, once about 30 minutes after waking up and another about 3 hours later. The first was digested food and the second looked more like straight liquid. She's been fine since, even trying to steal a french fry at lunch (I take her to work with me on Fridays).

For this weekend I am going feed her boiled chicken and potatoes. She doesn't do well with rice, so I am trying potatoes instead. Chicken is usually our go to when she needs a bland diet and she rarely has ever thrown up when eating it.

I am hoping it is allergies, but I want any tests done to rule out everything else. The more I think about it, the more I realize she licks her paws a lot, licks at her bottom and nibbles at it a lot, slides her face on the floor sometimes, etc. Right now her paws look like the skin underneath is red and it is pretty pink between the toes. A lot of the time it seems like it's after she licks her paws that she throws up. Could an allergy causing her paws to itch cause her to vomit if she is ingesting it?

Here's to hoping she keeps down the chicken and potatoes!

C

Cooper11

Thank you all for your helpful advice. I HATE waiting until Monday, but I am glad we could get her into a good vet. She turned her nose up at breakfast this morning and threw up twice, once about 30 minutes after waking up and another about 3 hours later. The first was digested food and the second looked more like straight liquid. She's been fine since, even trying to steal a french fry at lunch (I take her to work with me on Fridays).

For this weekend I am going feed her boiled chicken and potatoes. She doesn't do well with rice, so I am trying potatoes instead. Chicken is usually our go to when she needs a bland diet and she rarely has ever thrown up when eating it.

I am hoping it is allergies, but I want any tests done to rule out everything else. The more I think about it, the more I realize she licks her paws a lot, licks at her bottom and nibbles at it a lot, slides her face on the floor sometimes, etc. Right now her paws look like the skin underneath is red and it is pretty pink between the toes. A lot of the time it seems like it's after she licks her paws that she throws up. Could an allergy causing her paws to itch cause her to vomit if she is ingesting it?

Here's to hoping she keeps down the chicken and potatoes!

I seriously wonder if her and Coop have the exact same thing wrong with them. Coop wasn't doing good with the rice either. And I bet Aubrey has cysts between her toes that is why they are red....there are a couple thread about them. I put a pic up cause I mentioned Coop was red between the toes....I would have never thought they were cysts.....not hard or anything just red and maybe a little fatty tissue of a ball but barely..... If I weren't on here I would not have know.... I have been soaking coops feet in the tub with epson salt. He also has been biting at his feet and licking... He can't so much get to his bum :blink: I also just started cleaning between his toes...some one suggested peperation H but I didnt have any I had gold bond. So I cleaned them with Malacetic ultra and then used gold bond after. They say you need to get on top of the cyst right away because if you don't they will be a pain in the butt. And they are usually caused by allergies. As we speak I am boiling sweet potatoes, red pepper, green pepper, carrots, peas, green beans in a pot and then I will mush it all up. Coop LOVES it and he hasn't looked better like I said in my past comment. Face and feet are clearing up. I will add ground beef here and there too. I just started the fromm beef fritatta and I am thinking it is not meshing well with him. I am mixing it with the veggies so I will give it a few more days but his face seems to be getting red. I am crossing my fingers it will help. But sounds like that is what you feed aubrey....But seriously everything you say about her Coop is doing the exact same thing!!!! I will be excited to hear what they come up with .....Don't be afraid to try the veggies too until you figure out what is wrong with your baby! :) Coop hasn't throw up from the veggies and he poo is solid!! More energy too!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Something I just thought of since you and Coop were talking about the paws.... wipe them off when you come in from being outside. If they are allergic to grass/weeds and they lick -- it will irritate the belly. Yes, this also bothered Nitschke. We keep baby wipes and a towel by the back door.

[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] [MENTION=3654]AubreysMom[/MENTION]

C

Cooper11

Something I just thought of since you and Coop were talking about the paws.... wipe them off when you come in from being outside. If they are allergic to grass/weeds and they lick -- it will irritate the belly. Yes, this also bothered Nitschke. We keep baby wipes and a towel by the back door.

@Cooper11 @AubreysMom

Thank Ya Thank Ya! I noticed Coop looks better after baths too. I think i need to start doing weekly baths or like every 10 days. His coat get greasy anyway but I think it help with the allergies too!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank Ya Thank Ya! I noticed Coop looks better after baths too. I think i need to start doing weekly baths or like every 10 days. His coat get greasy anyway but I think it help with the allergies too!

Only thing with too many baths.... it can cause the coat to lose the nature oils and then they get dry skin. Keep an eye on that and pace your baths based on how his coat/skin are handling it.

C

Cooper11

Only thing with too many baths.... it can cause the coat to lose the nature oils and then they get dry skin. Keep an eye on that and pace your baths based on how his coat/skin are handling it.

Yeah so far he has only really had a handful of baths.....his last bath was a little over a week ago and he had another last night..... SO I will keep an eye on his skin and stuff. You know I say weekly baths but yeah right we will see if that happens!! it a lot of work ya know!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah so far he has only really had a handful of baths.....his last bath was a little over a week ago and he had another last night..... SO I will keep an eye on his skin and stuff. You know I say weekly baths but yeah right we will see if that happens!! it a lot of work ya know!

That is why I just take them in the shower ... either me or the b/f are in the shower and the other is on the floor waiting to dry. The pups are done first, then once they are out you take your shower.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Right now her paws look like the skin underneath is red and it is pretty pink between the toes. A lot of the time it seems like it's after she licks her paws that she throws up. Could an allergy causing her paws to itch cause her to vomit if she is ingesting it?

Are you using lawn chemicals, floor chemicals, rug chemicals anything that could be on her feet? Do you walk her? Those are some things to check also. You may not think about it, but mopping your floor with pine sol...then having her walk across it could upset her tummy if she's licking her feet.

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

Thanks! I thought about that earlier today so I think we are going to try that too. Anything that could help I am willing to do.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.