I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Scared!!

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    I'd say a palette issue also. Is it digested food, undigested food? Foam?
    Sometimes it is digested and sometimes it is undigested.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

They basically just guessed it was whip worms because they said they can be hard to diagnose. When we took her back for her next treatment after 3 weeks like we were told, she had thrown up the two days before. They didn't give her the next treatment. They decided to send us to the vet school I think because it has reoccurred so much they want to find an answer instead of trying things that may not be the real problem. I figure since my vet can't be bothered to run tests other than for worms, the Auburn vet school hospital is the best place to go so I don't spend money at another vet only to be sent there anyway.

Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

See, for the most part Aubrey throws up hours after she eats. Sometimes it's one hour, sometimes it's two, others it's 5 to 8. Sometimes it is digested and just liquid, others it is undigested.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by AubreysMom View Post
    See, for the most part Aubrey throws up hours after she eats. Sometimes it's one hour, sometimes it's two, others it's 5 to 8. Sometimes it is digested and just liquid, others it is undigested.
    Sounds exactly like Cooper!!!! Keep s updated! I would love to know what you find out!!!! So I can suggest it to my vet . Since Coop started the veggies we are still going good and strong. No throwing up for almost a week. But like i say that doesn't say much cuz he throws up randomly! But since the veggie diet I feel more confident in him and that he isn't going to throw up.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

cutty had an acid reflux to one of his food brands a while back. We changed foods and he stopped throwing up. maybe it is just worse in your baby?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel and Talulah
    Likes (Received)

Sorry to hear about Aubrey, it sure is stressful and makes a body heartsick when someone you care about doesn't feel well and you don't know how to help them. But I see you are getting some good advice already and those Drs. at the college have probably seen it all and will know exactly what is wrong with Aubrey. We wish you luck and a good outcome
    My Dogs Can Lick Anyone

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Missy our Beagle did that and we went through about 6 or 7 different foods until we found one she would not throw up. She has been fine every since.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

It does sound awful .. I hope you find an answer soon!!! Have you considered raw feeding???

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@[replacer_a]

It could be allergy related or pallet issue as others have said. Nitshcke was like this for his first 1 1/2 years - when we got the allergy test done (full blood screen) and found out he was allergic to rice and dairy he was fine. But then he started random bouts of just foam which was caused by the elongated pallet. Have the school or your vet do the barium as Megan (Cooper11) suggested to make sure there isn't any blockage.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all for your helpful advice. I HATE waiting until Monday, but I am glad we could get her into a good vet. She turned her nose up at breakfast this morning and threw up twice, once about 30 minutes after waking up and another about 3 hours later. The first was digested food and the second looked more like straight liquid. She's been fine since, even trying to steal a french fry at lunch (I take her to work with me on Fridays).

For this weekend I am going feed her boiled chicken and potatoes. She doesn't do well with rice, so I am trying potatoes instead. Chicken is usually our go to when she needs a bland diet and she rarely has ever thrown up when eating it.

I am hoping it is allergies, but I want any tests done to rule out everything else. The more I think about it, the more I realize she licks her paws a lot, licks at her bottom and nibbles at it a lot, slides her face on the floor sometimes, etc. Right now her paws look like the skin underneath is red and it is pretty pink between the toes. A lot of the time it seems like it's after she licks her paws that she throws up. Could an allergy causing her paws to itch cause her to vomit if she is ingesting it?

Here's to hoping she keeps down the chicken and potatoes!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by AubreysMom View Post
    Thank you all for your helpful advice. I HATE waiting until Monday, but I am glad we could get her into a good vet. She turned her nose up at breakfast this morning and threw up twice, once about 30 minutes after waking up and another about 3 hours later. The first was digested food and the second looked more like straight liquid. She's been fine since, even trying to steal a french fry at lunch (I take her to work with me on Fridays).

For this weekend I am going feed her boiled chicken and potatoes. She doesn't do well with rice, so I am trying potatoes instead. Chicken is usually our go to when she needs a bland diet and she rarely has ever thrown up when eating it.

I am hoping it is allergies, but I want any tests done to rule out everything else. The more I think about it, the more I realize she licks her paws a lot, licks at her bottom and nibbles at it a lot, slides her face on the floor sometimes, etc. Right now her paws look like the skin underneath is red and it is pretty pink between the toes. A lot of the time it seems like it's after she licks her paws that she throws up. Could an allergy causing her paws to itch cause her to vomit if she is ingesting it?

Here's to hoping she keeps down the chicken and potatoes!
    I seriously wonder if her and Coop have the exact same thing wrong with them. Coop wasn't doing good with the rice either. And I bet Aubrey has cysts between her toes that is why they are red....there are a couple thread about them. I put a pic up cause I mentioned Coop was red between the toes....I would have never thought they were cysts.....not hard or anything just red and maybe a little fatty tissue of a ball but barely..... If I weren't on here I would not have know.... I have been soaking coops feet in the tub with epson salt. He also has been biting at his feet and licking... He can't so much get to his bum I also just started cleaning between his toes...some one suggested peperation H but I didnt have any I had gold bond. So I cleaned them with Malacetic ultra and then used gold bond after. They say you need to get on top of the cyst right away because if you don't they will be a pain in the butt. And they are usually caused by allergies. As we speak I am boiling sweet potatoes, red pepper, green pepper, carrots, peas, green beans in a pot and then I will mush it all up. Coop LOVES it and he hasn't looked better like I said in my past comment. Face and feet are clearing up. I will add ground beef here and there too. I just started the fromm beef fritatta and I am thinking it is not meshing well with him. I am mixing it with the veggies so I will give it a few more days but his face seems to be getting red. I am crossing my fingers it will help. But sounds like that is what you feed aubrey....But seriously everything you say about her Coop is doing the exact same thing!!!! I will be excited to hear what they come up with .....Don't be afraid to try the veggies too until you figure out what is wrong with your baby! Coop hasn't throw up from the veggies and he poo is solid!! More energy too!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Something I just thought of since you and Coop were talking about the paws.... wipe them off when you come in from being outside. If they are allergic to grass/weeds and they lick -- it will irritate the belly. Yes, this also bothered Nitschke. We keep baby wipes and a towel by the back door.

@Cooper11 @AubreysMom
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Remove Ads