Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Scared!!

Cooper11

Default Re: Scared!!

Quote Originally Posted by AubreysMom View Post
    Update:

After the surgery Friday and the emergency surgery Sunday night, Aubrey went under yet AGAIN yesterday afternoon. Her prognosis is very guarded right now, so I really don't want to say much until later when we know more. Right now its a sticky situation, but she's fighting. I've never felt anxiety like this! We are visiting her every day after work even though it is an hour drive.

We've reached the $5200 mark and are meeting with the finance department tomorrow afternoon to see what we can do... they don't normally do financing through them, but our doctor said she would put in a word for us since so much has happened all at once (3 surgeries in 4 days, etc). After $5200 I surely hope they can help us out with a payment plan. If not, I hope that Aubrey can get the care she needs by $6500 because we will be literally totally tapped out at that point... but it all depends on how things go from here.

Thanks again to everyone asking about her! I will update when we know more.
    O Hun I feel so bad for you! Not only having to worry about your baby but also the financial part of getting her better. That poor girl has been through so much! I hope this all works out for her and you! She deserves to have a great life! I thin it is safe to safe she is definitely a fighter!! Keep me updated!!! Sound like you are in great hands though! If only the vet could donate his services!!! Yeah right huh! Maybe @desertskybulldogs could start a chip in to help you out! ???? That is a $$$$ to be spending in a matter of days...

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Poor baby You, your family and of course Miss Aubrey are still in my prayers. I also pray that the vet can find a way to help with the finances.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel and Talulah
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    O Hun I feel so bad for you! Not only having to worry about your baby but also the financial part of getting her better. That poor girl has been through so much! I hope this all works out for her and you! She deserves to have a great life! I thin it is safe to safe she is definitely a fighter!! Keep me updated!!! Sound like you are in great hands though! If only the vet could donate his services!!! Yeah right huh! Maybe @desertskybulldogs could start a chip in to help you out! ???? That is a $$$$ to be spending in a matter of days...
    I will gladly chip to help Aubrey! Who's with me?!?!
    My Dogs Can Lick Anyone

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for being so thoughtful @Cooper11 and @rainyruth ... but I couldn't ask for that, especially since we got good news!

Whatever we can't pay when its due, we have 3 more months to bring payment. That at least gives us time to save and tap other resources that may not have been available so quickly.

Now until Saturday/Sunday is a critical time for her recovery. She has to do well until then for them to be comfortable with her prognosis. They say it takes 5 to 7 days for the intestines to heal. Right now we are on day two, which was the unlucky day after the 1st surgery. We are taking it day by day and driving every afternoon the hour it takes to go see her for 30-45 minutes. I'm hopeful, but I am not getting excited; I know that things could take a turn in an instant like they did before.

Thanks to everyone for asking about her! I'm just ready to have my baby home and on the real road to recovery.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AubreysMom View Post
    I'm just ready to have my baby home and on the real road to recovery.
    We're ready for that too

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Praying she continues to improve now.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Remove Ads