Seizure

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Talulah just got into a fight with a female rottie, after I got her off the other dog she collapsed and went into a seizure. She seems ok now except for she is overheated. She has never had a seizure before. Just wondering what to do. :/

C

Cooper11

Glad to know she was on top and not the bottom.....any injuries to either dog??? I would say watch her close and call the vet in the morning unless she is acting funny I would call them tonight. I know seizures can be caused by many things such as stress and pain........ Bet you bout had a :heart: attack! Thank God she is okay!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Poor Talulah! I hope she is okay. It might not be a bad idea to run her to the vet. When Bre got attacked by Sookie it didn't look all that bad...just some puncture wounds. I took her to the vet and she ended up having to have the drains and the whole works. The vet said a dog bite can do more damage under the skin than what we can see. I don't know if she got bit by the rottie but just in case...

I hope she gets better soon and the seizure was just from stress! :pray:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas likes to crawl under the covers in the middle of the night, then wake up panting and more than once has had a seizure. So, overheating is a possibility so is the excitement/anxiety/stress of the fight. Was this a seizure or possibly tremors? Was there any foaming at the mouth and did she lose consciousness?

OP
rainyruth

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Vegas likes to crawl under the covers in the middle of the night, then wake up panting and more than once has had a seizure. So, overheating is a possibility so is the excitement/anxiety/stress of the fight. Was this a seizure or possibly tremors? Was there any foaming at the mouth and did she lose consciousness?

No, she was just sort of jerking and out of it, I picked her up and carried her into the house and set her down, then she got on her feet and was panting heavily. She is laying down now.

OP
rainyruth

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Thanks guys, I've seen WAY too much of my vet this month :bang: thud!

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] you are busy tonight! I also added to my seizure thread if you could comment?
Rainy, I am so sorry, how scary for you. I would get her checked as well to make sure she has no wounds you can't see...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I totally agree with [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] and think she just got to stressed, and hot from the fight, but just keep an eye on her.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
These guys are so sensitive. Just think about it. Bulldogs are inseminated for a reason. Simply put, they overheat too easily and can die from 'mating'. Put that into human perspective. Dying from having sex. That must be either some intense sex, or a sensitive body. Since they are dogs......intense sex is out of the question. Overheating causes so many unnecessary deaths in this breed. Not just mating, but weight can add to it. Dogs don't sweat, so the only way to cool off is to pant. Since a surprising number of English Bulldogs have breathing difficulties, they are unable to pant fast enough and strong enough (not the exact word I was looking for) to cool their massive bodies off in a quick enough time. I don't know what the weather is like in Nebraska this time of year, but in many parts of the country...it's already too dangerous for these guys to spend any amount of time outdoors.
I really hope this is the last time you ever have to experience something this horrible. Please keep us updated and if you have any questions for me, please ask.

C

Cooper11

These guys are so sensitive. Just think about it. Bulldogs are inseminated for a reason. Simply put, they overheat too easily and can die from 'mating'. Put that into human perspective. Dying from having sex. That must be either some intense sex, or a sensitive body. Since they are dogs......intense sex is out of the question. Overheating causes so many unnecessary deaths in this breed. Not just mating, but weight can add to it. Dogs don't sweat, so the only way to cool off is to pant. Since a surprising number of English Bulldogs have breathing difficulties, they are unable to pant fast enough and strong enough (not the exact word I was looking for) to cool their massive bodies off in a quick enough time. I don't know what the weather is like in Nebraska this time of year, but in many parts of the country...it's already too dangerous for these guys to spend any amount of time outdoors.

I really hope this is the last time you ever have to experience something this horrible. Please keep us updated and if you have any questions for me, please ask.
:eek: I don't think we should let [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] read this!!!!!! This is rated R! Brooklyn stay out of this thread!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online