Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 22 of 22

Thread: Seizure

  1. #13
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Davidh's Avatar
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    13,246
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)
    1556

    Default Re: Seizure

    I totally agree with @Libra926 and think she just got to stressed, and hot from the fight, but just keep an eye on her.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie


  2. #14
    Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Libra926's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,813
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1148
    Blog Entries
    44

    Default Re: Seizure

    These guys are so sensitive. Just think about it. Bulldogs are inseminated for a reason. Simply put, they overheat too easily and can die from 'mating'. Put that into human perspective. Dying from having sex. That must be either some intense sex, or a sensitive body. Since they are dogs......intense sex is out of the question. Overheating causes so many unnecessary deaths in this breed. Not just mating, but weight can add to it. Dogs don't sweat, so the only way to cool off is to pant. Since a surprising number of English Bulldogs have breathing difficulties, they are unable to pant fast enough and strong enough (not the exact word I was looking for) to cool their massive bodies off in a quick enough time. I don't know what the weather is like in Nebraska this time of year, but in many parts of the country...it's already too dangerous for these guys to spend any amount of time outdoors.
    I really hope this is the last time you ever have to experience something this horrible. Please keep us updated and if you have any questions for me, please ask.

  3. #15
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Seizure

    Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    These guys are so sensitive. Just think about it. Bulldogs are inseminated for a reason. Simply put, they overheat too easily and can die from 'mating'. Put that into human perspective. Dying from having sex. That must be either some intense sex, or a sensitive body. Since they are dogs......intense sex is out of the question. Overheating causes so many unnecessary deaths in this breed. Not just mating, but weight can add to it. Dogs don't sweat, so the only way to cool off is to pant. Since a surprising number of English Bulldogs have breathing difficulties, they are unable to pant fast enough and strong enough (not the exact word I was looking for) to cool their massive bodies off in a quick enough time. I don't know what the weather is like in Nebraska this time of year, but in many parts of the country...it's already too dangerous for these guys to spend any amount of time outdoors.


    I really hope this is the last time you ever have to experience something this horrible. Please keep us updated and if you have any questions for me, please ask.
    I don't think we should let @BrooklynStar read this!!!!!! This is rated R! Brooklyn stay out of this thread!

  4. #16
    Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    302
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Seizure

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    I don't think we should let @BrooklynStar read this!!!!!! This is rated R! Brooklyn stay out of this thread!
    Lol, I'm in Sex Crimes/Crimes Against Children...trust me when I tell you I've heard it all...a couple of dogs getting it on doesnt phase me at this point

    @rainyruth sorry to hear about your Talulah
    Last edited by BrooklynStar; 03-29-2012 at 08:53 AM.

  5. #17
    Dog Park Attendant rainyruth's Avatar
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    453
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel and Talulah
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Talulah acts normal today, the temperature yesterday evening was in the low 70's and windy. The rottie didn't put any holes in her which is amazing because fights with Rottweilers seldom turn out in favor for the bulldog. Thanks again for all your concern and suggestions
    My Dogs Can Lick Anyone

  6. #18
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Seizure

    So glad she has recovered from her fight!!! How did the Rottie get to her??

  7. #19
    "Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Location
    Mukilteo, Washington State
    Posts
    5,794
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: Seizure

    Quote Originally Posted by rainyruth View Post
    Talulah acts normal today, the temperature yesterday evening was in the low 70's and windy. The rottie didn't put any holes in her which is amazing because fights with Rottweilers seldom turn out in favor for the bulldog. Thanks again for all your concern and suggestions
    She was probably just stressed from the fight. Poor baby. When I feel like Bea is getting a little to warm for my liking, I pour cool water on her CHEST. It seems to cool her off faster than pouring it over her head/body.

  8. #20
    Dog Park Attendant rainyruth's Avatar
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    453
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel and Talulah
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    So glad she has recovered from her fight!!! How did the Rottie get to her??
    Talulah squeezed under a fence and attacked her! She thinks she is 10 feet tall and bullet proof! Hahah thanks!!
    My Dogs Can Lick Anyone

  9. #21
    ..........
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Seizure

    I'm glad she is better today. I am far from any kind of expert but Im thinking stress and overheating too. Maybe she isn't as bullet proof as she thinks.

  10. #22
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Seizure

    Quote Originally Posted by rainyruth View Post
    Talulah squeezed under a fence and attacked her! She thinks she is 10 feet tall and bullet proof! Hahah thanks!!
    Yup .. they all think that they are Ninja's ... AND ... bullet proof!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •