Thought I had a good vet, but apparently not!!!

C

Cooper11

Where are you located??? I wouldnt want a vet like that seeing any of my dogs bullie or not! That wasnt something he needed to say esp coming from someone who is supposed to care about all breeds...Im not sure of the ingredients in the food Taste of the Wild but it could also be enviromental allergies not just food allergy... @2BullyMama gave great advice on the hotspot..

[MENTION=4544]caseyh[/MENTION] also ..... I know [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] said the taste of the wild is great dog food! But yes I would wonder about allergies too. I have the malacetic ultra I put on Cooper.... i think he had a little hot spot on his belly that was there for awhile til I put that stuff on it and it was gone in a matter of days..... But there are more people on here that know more about the hot spots and hives and all that other skin stuff more than I do! :) Good Momma knowing that you need to get your bully away from this vet! I am so tired of rude vets!!!! My old vet I still like them but I would get a different doc every time I went and they all say different things. Finally I was like ya know I think I know more about this breed than you do and if that is the case I need to go somewhere else! :yes: When he is telling my puppy is on the chunkier side and I am looking at him like really cause I talk to most of the parents of his litter mates and he is about the same or lighter than him......Bullies are thick! Sometimes I think they just want to get you in and out as quick as they can and sell you as much as they can!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
What an a$$! Def wouldn't go back to him. Agree with the rest...from allergies prob. Found out Bubbas was from allergic reaction to flea bites. They blew up in a matter of a few days! He gave him a steroid shot and antibiotics because the one in his face got infected fast!...from scratching. It's been a week and still getting over them!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I had a vet react to my first bulldog in a similar way. It happens - and you take your business elsewhere. I "Yelp" about my negative and positive experiences and my review of my first bullie's vet has garnered him many new customers - which he deserves. If you were near me, you'd go see Dr. Terry Beatty and think you'd gone to heaven.

Can I suggest that you call your local EB Rescue and ask them who they use? The vet that Cascade Bulldog Rescue uses (Dr. Pam) is lovely and wonderful and a real advocate for the breed. Surely there's someone like this in your area? Good luck with your search!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I cannot believe he told you there was nothing he could do for a hot spot!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
That is absolutely ridiculous. I would have been furious!!!
I've heard several vets say mean things about bulldogs. Needless to say, I don't go back to them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I didn't have to pay because he basically said there was nothing he could do... I will not be taking either one of my dogs back to him tho.. Yes I can post a pic as soon as I get home. The pollen around my hous is crazy right now so that could have something to do with it..

WHAT?? Nothing he could do.... growl :cursing:

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
any vet who would say something like this does not deserve to be in a position of healing animals. a complaint to the vetrinary association is in order. this person should be blacklisted.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
This is ridiculous. Regardless of his feelings toward the breed, he should have at least been able to help you treat a hot spot. All dogs get them, not just bullys.

I had a similar incident with Rook's first vet and I moved on. I'm glad you are too! I hope you are able to find a vet that is more helpful and less of a jerk!

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Don't even get me started on vets! You can read my post from a few weeks ago and tell I was quite stressed. If I were in your position and a vet actually used those words to me...well I think me and my bully would be leaving in the back of a police car. ugh! grrr vets :nope: Jerk!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'd seriously be looking for another vet! IMO he will never have your bully's best interest at hand. I took Wilson for his Wellness check to Alameda East Veternary to where I took my old dog because they are top notch. I asked for a very experience vet and I got their bet (this is a top rated place and has been on Animal Planet several times). The moment he came in his proceed to say in a negative way how bad the breeding is in this breed and they shouldn't even exist. I was floored. We'd had probably spent over $8,000 there. I haven't looked back and it was a good thing because I found a REAL bully vet here. Just turns out he was on the list too. If I was you I'd be calling around and asking other vets what experience they have with Bulldogs and even French Bulldogs or Pugs since they have similar breathing issues. Maybe try Googling Bulldog vets in your area too and see if anything pops up. Good luck!!! :up:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Wow ... what an arse hole!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.