Supplements?

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
[MENTION=4325]Corlando465[/MENTION] can you tell me the name of what you give your bully and where you got it?

[MENTION=4450]Lily122511[/MENTION] I have been told that a slow transition is always best. You could try 25% new food with 75% of the old for a week, then 50%/50% for another week, then 75% new food with 25% of the old for another week until you are giving 100% of the new. I think it depends on the dog because I don't go through each of these "percentage stages" for a whole week...usually just a few days with each phase since Tonka doesn't have too sensitive of a tummy. You can monitor his reaction and if he is getting sick or has really loose stools you can cut back and some others here could give better advice on what to do if that's the case. We are almost done switching Tonka to the Beef Fritatta as well and so far so good! Good luck!

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
@Corlando465 can you tell me the name of what you give your bully and where you got it?

@Lily122511 I have been told that a slow transition is always best. You could try 25% new food with 75% of the old for a week, then 50%/50% for another week, then 75% new food with 25% of the old for another week until you are giving 100% of the new. I think it depends on the dog because I don't go through each of these "percentage stages" for a whole week...usually just a few days with each phase since Tonka doesn't have too sensitive of a tummy. You can monitor his reaction and if he is getting sick or has really loose stools you can cut back and some others here could give better advice on what to do if that's the case. We are almost done switching Tonka to the Beef Fritatta as well and so far so good! Good luck!

Thanks so much!! I will try that!

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Here is a picture of the package. I give half of piece each night until 30lbs, then he gets a whole one. Best yet, he loves them :)

4a8966ec-0ffc-8547.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=4450]Lily122511[/MENTION] Take a look through this .. it's our bulldog food recommendations with each food been given a rating. That may help you .... http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content/dog-food-ratings-219/

I too use the Fromm Beef Frittata ... it is in their 4* range and you can change inbetween the flavours of the 4* range so you can have beef, then maybe the duck, then pork etc.

Do the transition from your current food to the new food slowly. I always replaced a quarter of a cup at a time, and changed the amounts every few days. Just keep an eye on the poop consistency ... that will tell you if the new food is agreeing with your bully or not, and will also tell you if you are making the change too quickly.

The only supplements I give are the NuVet. Otherwise we add some Grizzly Salmon oil to their food - it's good for their joints and immune system. Things such as cottage cheese, yoghurt etc ... I consider them to be more treats/topping to their food more than anything else!

If I do get treats it is usually frozen green beans, frozen broccoli, frozen cauliflower, frozen blueberries, fresh carrots, fresh cucumber and fresh celery. If I buy treats then its the Fromm grain free.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think I'm going to try Fromm Beef Frittata. Do I just give her half new/ half old (dog food) for a week or so? How should I make the switch?

Break it down over about two weeks....

1/4 new and 3/4 old
1/2 new and 1/2 old
3/4 new and 1/4 old
all new

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
@Lily122511 Take a look through this .. it's our bulldog food recommendations with each food been given a rating. That may help you .... http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content/dog-food-ratings-219/

I too use the Fromm Beef Frittata ... it is in their 4* range and you can change inbetween the flavours of the 4* range so you can have beef, then maybe the duck, then pork etc.

Do the transition from your current food to the new food slowly. I always replaced a quarter of a cup at a time, and changed the amounts every few days. Just keep an eye on the poop consistency ... that will tell you if the new food is agreeing with your bully or not, and will also tell you if you are making the change too quickly.

The only supplements I give are the NuVet. Otherwise we add some Grizzly Salmon oil to their food - it's good for their joints and immune system. Things such as cottage cheese, yoghurt etc ... I consider them to be more treats/topping to their food more than anything else!

If I do get treats it is usually frozen green beans, frozen broccoli, frozen cauliflower, frozen blueberries, fresh carrots, fresh cucumber and fresh celery. If I buy treats then its the Fromm grain free.

Thanks for the info! I will look into this!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.