Raw skin under eye

mommydanford

Feb 21, 2012
Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly May Giggles, Mister Moe Wrinkles, Lil' Miss Jitterbug Wiggles and Calling All Angels Trudeaux
Please help, this is the first time anything like this has happened to Molly. I noticed this morning while cleaning Molly's eyes, that when I lifted the fold just under her eye, it seemed irritated and raw. She came to me later this morning and when she looked up at me the pocket above her nose was crusty. I usually clean the loose hair out of her nose pocket many times during the day, and this is the first time it has been this way. I have cleaned and dried the area, but should I put antibiotic ointment on the area or will this cause infection from being moist? She doesn't act lke it bothers her at all.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
All I can say is that any fold or wrinkle can get "irritated" quickly ....just do your best to keep all of those places clean and dry...witch hazel is an astringent that will dry itself and is good to use in those places some can tolerate it everyday or every few days as it can dry the skin out too much ....hope Molly feels better soon.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yap, [MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION] said it, just keep it clean and dry and tomorrow it should look better, you can even clean it with some hydrogen peroxide too, then just dry it good afterwards.

OP
mommydanford

mommydanford

Feb 21, 2012
Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly May Giggles, Mister Moe Wrinkles, Lil' Miss Jitterbug Wiggles and Calling All Angels Trudeaux
Thanks I will try that

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
All I can say is that any fold or wrinkle can get "irritated" quickly ....just do your best to keep all of those places clean and dry...witch hazel is an astringent that will dry itself and is good to use in those places some can tolerate it everyday or every few days as it can dry the skin out too much ....hope Molly feels better soon.

Well said... witch hazel is cheap and works very well.

OP
mommydanford

mommydanford

Feb 21, 2012
Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Update.....Molly is doing better, no drainage or puss. Her eye is clearing up thank you all. I have been cleaning it with peroxide and warm water and making sure it is dry. I will use the witch hazel once it is healed because I don't want to irritate right now. She is such a trooper. :yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online