Skin tag on Lucy- looks like a big pimple.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=3854]grecoroman[/MENTION] well im guessing to put some peroxide on it if you dont have any hibiclenz but no neosporin ive read that hot spots should be cleaned and kept dry. maybe wait on shaving to see how it goes. and see if any more pop up.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hey there! Thanks for getting back to me. It is Red, Raised, but not seeping. It's almost a bit hard - like a pimple would be.
Okay not a hot spot then. Hot spots are exactly that, technically a moist dermititis. Could be a bite, or hive. If it continues to get bigger I would go to the vet. You can clean it with peroxide or witch hazel and apply some antibiotic like neosporin to see if it helps.

OP
grecoroman

grecoroman

Dec 7, 2011
New York, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy, born 8/3/11
Okay not a hot spot then. Hot spots are exactly that, technically a moist dermititis. Could be a bite, or hive. If it continues to get bigger I would go to the vet. You can clean it with peroxide or witch hazel and apply some antibiotic like neosporin to see if it helps.

Gotcha! Phew - thanks so much for all of your help. I think it could be a bite/hive. I'm going to keep a close eye on it - I'll head to the vet if it changes at all. Already cleaned it off and put neosporin on it.

Thanks for your advice!

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
looks like a hotspot waiting to open. Watson gets these occasionally. They start like what you have and will open up then you get clumping of hair when it seeps then the hair will fall off. I use chlorhexidine cotton swabs from the vet to clean them when they open up. Watson gets them from food allergies mostly.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
annie gets these sorts of bumps,i just keep an eye on them ,they just go as quickly as they appeared never asked the vet what they are though but given that a bulldog bashes into all sorts of things i put them down to small skin injuries ,karen

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
Gracie, has two spots kinda like those also. Hers are not red like that or pussy, hers feel like dry or scaly skin!? I have been debating on taking her to the vet, but they have just stayed the same for a couple of weeks.:confused::confused: So I will keep an eye on this thread....for more info.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] hibiclens is chlorhexidine also. can buy at a drug store just saying if you need it again. [MENTION=4285]GRACIE11[/MENTION] are the dry scaly spots itchy? dry scaly itchy skin could be fungus you know like athletes foot. maybe try some antifungal on it. see if it goes away. just throwing this out there.

OP
grecoroman

grecoroman

Dec 7, 2011
New York, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy, born 8/3/11
Hey guys-

Just an update on Lucy. I took her into the Vet this weekend, and the Vet shaved the area to get a better look at the bump. I was extremely worried, as it looked really horrible when I could get a good look at it. lHe diagnosed it as a histiocytoma, which seem to be pretty common in developing dogs (particularly bulldogs), and prescribed a topical steroid.

Anyone else come across this issue in their bully?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.