Drains & Sutures Out!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Bre got her drains and sutures out this afternoon. She seems much happier to have that stuff out. She actually came home and took a nap...which is quite the contrast from her strange new obsession of walking around sniffing everything.

While we were there I had the vet take a scraping of a few spots on her neck where there is a weird crusty, scabbed, area that itches her like crazy. The vet said she didn't see any mites or anything that would indicate mange. She gave me an anitifungal type cream to rub on the areas.
I also noticed one on the back of Bre's neck after we got home and I was bathing her but the area was mostly scabbed and the hair was falling out with the scabs during the bath. Yuck..that one looks more like a hotspot to me though.

She is still on antibiotics and rimadyl for about another 5 days. Poor pooch...hopefully she will have some uneventful weeks now!

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Poor Bre, I am sure she feels much better to have that stuff out! She was probably anxious about it and that's why she would pace. When Aldo had a hot spot I shaved the area and rinsed it with diluted clorhexidinr an let it dry. It took a few days but it healed and he hasnt had one since. I hope things are looking up :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Glad to hear that she is on the mend.... now she needs lots of hugs~ :heart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so happy she got all those yucky things out.... hopefully she will heal quickly

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
So happy for sweetie pie Bre! With you as a mama she will be back to herself in no time! Well wishes to you and Bre! Please give her a squishy kiss from Brutus and I...Oh and Chanel

BabeEnglishBulldog

Feb 17, 2011
Did the vet provide any medications for the itch? You must stop your dog from itching because it might scratch the scabs so hard and it may lead to secondary infections.

Last edited:
OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
He didn't give her anything for the itching. It's really unfortunate but she's such a little piggy that she can't reach properly to scratch herself. She pounds the air with her back foot trying to reach her front parts but she can't do it....too fluffy.

She'd make a great Thumper right now!

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Hope she better and less itchy very soon!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad she is on the mend and hoping for a speedy recovery, hugs to her from us.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.