Medication Causing Anxiety/Restlessness?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Do you think it could be pain?
[MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] --- banks does this when she is in pain.... just pace for hours

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
probably very stressed which there is not a lot you can do except keep her calm ,maybe some pain but as bullys have such a high pain threshold i would go with stress,poor thing,karen

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Jeez...she's back at it again tonight. "Rooting" around for food just like a little piggie.
She's normally so calm and lazy...this new obsession is crazy. She's starting to take after Tank, he looks for food all the time!

If she were just pacing around without doing the sniffing (and now she's moving stuff around, like shoes and empty laundry baskets?!) I would totally agree that it's pain. I have felt around her injured area and she seemed totally unphased, didn't jump or try to pull away.

Hopefully the vet will have some insight...pleh

BabeEnglishBulldog

Feb 17, 2011
I think the anxiety is brought about by other factors. Do you know any other things besides medications that can cause the anxiety?

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
this is my non-expert advice: the girl is healing, and she needs her mama. she is anxious, which is normal. don't feed the anxiety by being anxious about her anxiety.

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Yesterday she had the drains and sutures out...today she is back to being a big lazy lump. She is still on the rimadyl and antibiotic. She hasn't had any sniffing/rooting episodes yet today.

Maybe those drains and sutures were making her crazy?

Either way...thanks for all your input guys...you are the best!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online