Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,
I've done all my research and homework and worked very hard to find a Breeder who bred for health first then standard.
i read all these health threads a cant help to get a little freaked out!
what are your opinions on dog insurance and recommendations.
i love my Bongo but I would be devistated if anything happened to him and I've only had him 10 days man!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I would advice you not to freak out until something really happens and even then you're better of staying calm. Many bulldogs live perfectly healthy lives and like you said you've done your home work. And like with all living there is an occasional flu, upset stomach or even an accident. Enjoy your puppy and take good care of him, but don't worry, that will take the enjoyment right out of it. He look absolutely precious btw.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: No freak outs necessary. The reason EBN is here is to help so nobody has to freak out. Instead you can read about the viable alternatives for food choices and other health issues common to EB's and have as healthy and happy baby as possible. sometimes it can seem like information overload, but ultimately you can find what works for your situation. Oh and the only freak outs you need to remember are the :pics: ones.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
IF you are going to carry insurance on your bully, just remember that the rate is bases on the bullies age so the younger you enroll them the less it costs.

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
Insurance is up to you - but we recently got a puppy and enrolled him and our other dog. I've already used it and it was super easy. If you enroll now while he is a puppy, you won't have any preexisting conditions to worry about. That pretty much means everything is covered (depending on which insurance you pick of course). We pay a bit more for insurance but I only have a $50 annual deductible and it pays 90 percent of accident, illness, injury, and congenital issues. Howard went in for his puppy shots and ended up having a UTI and they did a skin scrape on an area that looked irritated. So I already satisfied my deductible and have a check coming in the mail. I like the peace of mind it gives.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we live in canada and we use petsecure. lola's still a puppy so we wanted to have her covered at least the first year just in case something popped up or she was clumsy. havent had to use it at all, she's almost 1. we have the highest deductible which gets raised as she grows up, but the premium monthly is only $54.

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I was freaking out too for a while...but I had good reason since Dozer had pnemonia. Some times you cant avoid these things, even the healthiest humans get sick. Just give your pup lots of love and care and dont freak out about what might happen.

I agree with the other posters info....get pet insurance! Get it now since hes a baby and there is no pre-existing conditions. It takes around 30 days for it to kick in (atleast here in the USA). Do it now and give yourself some peace of mind.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online