Help with food and allergy choices

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@karenben How do I build the immune system? Also, why acidophillus after antibiotics?

@desertskybulldogs @BruceP @2BullyMama can anyone tell me how much/how many Zyrtec pills to give Tonka? The vet said he could have 50mg per day but the pills are 10mg each. Does he really want me to give Tonka 5 of those each day??!!! That seems like so much although he was up to about 4 benadryl per day before this. He is about 40 lbs. How many 10mg pills per day should I give him and in what kind of time frame?

Also, I am happy to report that we spoke with our vet and let him know he should have told us about age being a factor in allergy test results as well as that Tonka should have been off Benadryl for a while first. He offered to give us a free re-test when Tonka gets a little older. :) Also, we are on day 4 of switching Tonka from NB Sweet Potato/Salmon to Fromm's Beef Fritatta and so far so good.

1mg per pound for Benedryl.... with the Zryrtec, I would start with 20mg 2x a day and see how he does.

Most Reactions

Members online