Cloudy Eye

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Just noticed one of Nigel's eyes are cloudy :'( Had him at vet a couple weeks ago for an ear infection, vet checked his eyes too & they were ok. He's had entropion surgery and has always had mucous in that eye. We're going to the vet today, but I'm going crazy here wondering what it could be?!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh your poor sweet baby. If you always have troubles or goop it can continue to cause issues. Molly woke up yesterday with green eyes and one cloudy too, I keep B & P ointment so I can use it when needed. I am hoping she will be better tomorrow, but she may have scratched her eye this time it looks like. This has been a continuing problem for months now, but it clears up on antibiotics. Then about 3 weeks later it comes back. We think it stemmed from immune system being pregnant and all, but cannot be sure. We may be doing a vet visit this week too :(

OP
rainyruth

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Ok back from vet, Nigel has entropion in a different areas of both his eyes, the cloudy one is getting conjunctivitis so he has to get a third surgery on his eyes. I've been a little on edge since Talulah's diagnosis, so I was thinking the worst when I saw Nigel's eye. :/

OP
rainyruth

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Oh your poor sweet baby. If you always have troubles or goop it can continue to cause issues. Molly woke up yesterday with green eyes and one cloudy too, I keep B & P ointment so I can use it when needed. I am hoping she will be better tomorrow, but she may have scratched her eye this time it looks like. This has been a continuing problem for months now, but it clears up on antibiotics. Then about 3 weeks later it comes back. We think it stemmed from immune system being pregnant and all, but cannot be sure. We may be doing a vet visit this week too :(

Hope it's nothing serious for your girl, these kids of mine are giving me gray hair here lately:bang:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok back from vet, Nigel has entropion in a different areas of both his eyes, the cloudy one is getting conjunctivitis so he has to get a third surgery on his eyes. I've been a little on edge since Talulah's diagnosis, so I was thinking the worst when I saw Nigel's eye. :/

You sure have your hands full with you babies. Hope they both have quick recoveries and you are not getting too much gray hair ;)

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
whatever it is, you can go to the pharmacy and ask for muro (over the counter only). it is a solution that draws extra fluid out of the eye, and does NOT dehydrate the eye.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online