Bre Back From the Vet (Caution, Surgical Photos in this Thread)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
All I can think of to say is I'm sorry that your family is going through this. Bre looks so sad :(

Rehoming is such a hard decision but sometimes it's what is best. I used to have a black Lab/Rottie mix. Jumbo was the best dog anyone could hope for. The house we had been renting was sold and we had to move into an apartment without a yard. One day I got a call at work, Jumbo had pushed through the window screen and was half hanging out (we live on the second floor!). The neighbors had to kick my door down to get him back in before he fell. I knew then that he needed what I couldn't give him anymore and loved him enough to let him go.

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I had to work when Bre was released from the vet's hospital so Jordan had to go pick her up. Our vet said that literally the only thing that kept Bre from dying was that she is a bulldog and has extra fat around her neck. Otherwise the bite would have caused her to bleed out. Thank goodness she is a plump little gal!

I do feel bad for Sookie and Jordan is still thinking it over but I think the decision is to find her another home. She really does need an owner who can get her out and active more often than we can. Plus her behavior with Bre frightens me because I can't guarentee that she wouldn't try to dominate one of the girls and I absolutely cannot have a dog that I can't trust around my kids. They are so little and Sookie feels the need to assert her alpha right now. Bad things can happen even under supervision...I shudder to think of that.

Thanks again for the kind words/thoughts and wishes for Bre. She wanted to tear around today when I got home but I had to crate her so she doesn't overdo it or pull out her drains. It was good to see that she felt good enough to get zoomie when I first got home though! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:cry: poor little girl she has had such a bad month! Big bully hugs and kisses to Bre! Positive thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh my, been busy for the past little while and only saw this. Poor Bre, and poor Ma and Pa. :(. This year's been such a bad start for her. But no fret, bullies are strong and stubborn, which are advantages on her part. She'll be running about in no time and back to her old self again.

So very sorry that you and your hubby need to make the difficult decision of letting Sookie go. Whichever you choose, we're here to support you. We all know that you'll make the best one.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.