Kain has another fever - What the heck??

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Update again ** Woke up with a fever again this morning 103.7... Unreal AAARRRrrggggg!!!

Repeated my actions of yesterday and it was back down to 100.7 by around 10am or so, jumping, running, ate as expected, bowl movement everything back to normal.
First thing in the morning he litterly would not even get out of his crate, layed around tired, droopy, sad, twitch while he slept, and heavily congested with flem etc.

Does Flem / plugged cause a fever hike? I suspect through the night he gets plugged up, maybe the infection is in there and it clears as the morning progresses. I just HATE the fact that his temp was back up to 103.7 again.

Tomorrow I will be back at the vet and tell them to do a blood test, urine test or whatever we have to so we can clear the infection, Its so sad to wake up plan the day and then change of plans while we try to figure out why our puppy is going through this again for the 3rd time.

I'm anticipating he will be fevered again tomorrow, i'm going to relocate his crate or leave a heater on downstairs to help keep it warmer for him as he sleeps but if he is fevered again tommorow we will be at the vet as the doors open so I hope they can fit us in.

How are your dogs for the congested sound, the vet said he was a little more pronounced, of course it is normal to us and when he clears his throat there are times you can't even here him. Just wondering if as he is sleeping that is infected, plugs up, and makes the fever rise.

Sorry for the jumbled reply, at wits end thought we had this fever thing licked but we clearly need some antibiotics and need to determine the cause at this point.

Thx again all!
Vince

P.S. Forgot to mention his appetite was good, drank, pee'd first thing in the morning after all night in the crate (9 hrs approx), ate breakfast, bowl movement, other than the fever pulling him down he would be perfect. As the fever lowers he gets the remainder parts back like, nipping when he's bored, bugging our yorkie, playing, running etc.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update again ** Woke up with a fever again this morning 103.7... Unreal AAARRRrrggggg!!!

Repeated my actions of yesterday and it was back down to 100.7 by around 10am or so, jumping, running, ate as expected, bowl movement everything back to normal.
First thing in the morning he litterly would not even get out of his crate, layed around tired, droopy, sad, twitch while he slept, and heavily congested with flem etc.

Does Flem / plugged cause a fever hike? I suspect through the night he gets plugged up, maybe the infection is in there and it clears as the morning progresses. I just HATE the fact that his temp was back up to 103.7 again.

Tomorrow I will be back at the vet and tell them to do a blood test, urine test or whatever we have to so we can clear the infection, Its so sad to wake up plan the day and then change of plans while we try to figure out why our puppy is going through this again for the 3rd time.

I'm anticipating he will be fevered again tomorrow, i'm going to relocate his crate or leave a heater on downstairs to help keep it warmer for him as he sleeps but if he is fevered again tommorow we will be at the vet as the doors open so I hope they can fit us in.

How are your dogs for the congested sound, the vet said he was a little more pronounced, of course it is normal to us and when he clears his throat there are times you can't even here him. Just wondering if as he is sleeping that is infected, plugs up, and makes the fever rise.

Sorry for the jumbled reply, at wits end thought we had this fever thing licked but we clearly need some antibiotics and need to determine the cause at this point.

Thx again all!
Vince

P.S. Forgot to mention his appetite was good, drank, pee'd first thing in the morning after all night in the crate (9 hrs approx), ate breakfast, bowl movement, other than the fever pulling him down he would be perfect. As the fever lowers he gets the remainder parts back like, nipping when he's bored, bugging our yorkie, playing, running etc.

so frustrating for you.... I do hope they figure out what the heck is going on.

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
No kidding hey, he's 100.7 right now, running around playing and normal as can be. See what tommorow brings again.

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Put him in the kennel for the night and turned the fireplace on, wife is going to sleep downstairs close by to here him through the night. Pray he doesn't get another fever and wakes up his good ole self tomorrow.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This is bizarre! Perhaps he has a case if kennel cough but such a mild one, and he is fighting it off as he sleeps? Looking forward to seeing if the heater helps, hope all is better tomorrow !

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Yes interesting indeed. My wife said last night he was coughing and clearing his throat lots. He woke up good temp this morning but I'm still concerned that his throat clearing, cough while sleeping could be what has a small infection.

Should I proceed to let it run it's course or try to find something that only shows up once and awhile?

Example last half hrs he is sleeping on my knee with no coughing or nothing.

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Tough call. I would go with your gut instincts. If you wait, make sure eating/drinking/energy/temp is normal. If temp is normal that is a good sign I think.

C

Cooper11

Lisa is the expert :). But I know me myself would feel a lot better if I took my bully in and demanded an explanation of the fever. It was them who said you don't get a fever for no reason and they really haven't gave you are reason have they????? Have they don't blood test or anything. Poor Kain! :( At least he is getting his cuddle time with daddy! :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.