My heart just skipped a beat

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Bella and I are sitting on the sofa watching TV. Today she hasn't been acting herself. Didn't get up when Terri or I got home. She ate, but then I noticed under her arm....she had been scratching and now it is swollen and the fur is caked like the skin had oozed some fluid and it dried.

Okay, so bath tomorrow. Well while sitting here I decided to massage her legs a little. She is always wanting me to scratch her hind end and legs, so I do a gentle massage and she is happy with this. Well on her back leg I can feel a lump. Now it isn't a knot or something like that. It is a bubble under the skin. It will actually roll a little while I feel the mass. It is a perfect bubble shape and about the diameter of a quarter.

I am now sick a little, what is going on? I am worried. Has anyone else ever had something like this? I am not sure if she is sick to begin with and this maybe her lymph nodes swollen, however would it be a perfect ball shape? I guess to the vets in the morning.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
OH no, hope it's nothing. Usually a fat deposit will not move around like that, at least the ones I have seen. BeBe had one and I don't remember it moving around, so not sure. Let us know and we will be hoping for the best.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Leslie..having had a Dobie that had sooooo many lumps..I was always told if it moves around it probably is just a cyst or fat deposit..it's the attached ones that have a higher probability of causing trouble. Hopefully the vet can aspirate it and tell you right away. :begging:

C

Cooper11

I was going to say cyst also I agree with [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] mty shih tzu had them. How old is bella? Don't worry until they actually tell you to worry! :) Happy thoughts

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
They have glands in the upper outside rear of their back legs. As they get older they are more pronounced. See your vet to ease the fears. I have been to the vet so many times over the last 10 years for bumps, rashes hives whatever. I think Mimi, after many years, decided to stop eating whatever bug she was allergic to. Hope it is nothing more serious than a caring Bulldog owner.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I agree.. a cyst. My dalmatian had cysts also. They fill up with liquid..and can be drained with a needle. They have a high possibility of coming back. His use to move around also...just like a tough bubble under the skin.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I was going to say cyst also I agree with my shih tzu had them. How old is bella? Don't worry until they actually tell you to worry! :) Happy thoughts

I believe Bella and O are about the same age. About 3. Too young in my opinion for the cysts, but Bella is a special baby. She's had a rough life already and I think it's worth having it checked out. [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION]

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hoping for the best.:pray:
Keep us posted.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Hope this turns out to be nothing.... I've always been told to be wary of hard lumps and the softer more moveable ones are usually not a health concern...will send good thoughts your way.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hope Bella's ok. :hug: Our old dog Ace a bunch of fatty deposits but they were all stationary. Will be thinking about Bella and you!!!

C

Cooper11

I believe Bella and O are about the same age. About 3. Too young in my opinion for the cysts, but Bella is a special baby. She's had a rough life already and I think it's worth having it checked out. @Bella'sMom

Yes I agree....could still be a cyst and nothing to worry about but seems like the seniors are the ones to get the cyst :) I would go to vet also especially if she has had a rouch journey already just to be safe. I am sure all vets think bully owners are over worried pet owners :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Leslie please let us know as soon as you take Bella to the vet!! :pray:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I pray for good news, keep us posted!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Hoping for a fast ready very trip. Cutty had a hemoglobin on his back of his neck once. Or I think that's what the very called it, Like a big blood blister it was compared to. She drained it a couple times with a needle and it never came back after. Let's Hope that's all it is or something similar. :hug:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.