Cutty hurt his hind leg.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Not sure what he did exactly. He and miila started to get into it, we were right there and they stopped fast. thinking maybe he slipped on water that was on the tile. Anyhow he won't even put weight on it at all. I'm fact I am thinking of sleeping in the living room so he van sleep with me cuz hr can't get on our bed by himself now. Should I be worried? He had tweaked muscles our whatever before where after a week it goes away but is waiting bad if he did hurt it for real. Of course I will edit and see how he is on the morning but not sure what I do if he us the same as right now. Ugh...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would wait until the morning and see how he is after resting it all night. Just remember that they are like us .. and after resting an injury all night it can feel really stiff the next morning. So also prepare yourself that he might look a little worse in the morning until he warms up a bit and gets moving.

I would just go with your gut ......... if you think it doesn't look as if he is in a lot of pain then I would ban him to the couch next to you the whole days and succumb to a day of disney movies with your kids. Only letting him off the couch to go to toilet or get water and even then carrying him... think of that as your strength training for the day!!! If there is obvious extreme pain I would take him t the vets

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhhh Jen..I would wait a few days. Like Karen said it will stiffen up ..but I would keep him as immobile as possible..crate even..and see how it is after a few days. I bet he pulled a muscle. :begging: if he's not crying in pain..I'd give it time.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] - Bo body slammed Bea in the back yard last Friday. I mean World Wrestling Federation style. My mom was in the house and when we came back in, she said, "What was that noise?" Poor little Bea injured her back leg in some way and has been favoring it, then limping a bit, and now it looks pretty sorted out. I just kept her at short walks and didn't allow any additional crazy play to aggravate it. I tell you though, on Saturday, I thought, "Oh criminy. I'm gonna have to go get an xray on this!"

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Jenn.... how's my sweet Cutty this morning??

L

Lucy-licious

OMG I hope he's ok :hug: But like the others said remember it will be stiff at first, you'll need to give hime time to warm up before you make a decision :)

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Well I am not sure how he is yet. We slept on the couch and he is still in his spot. He has hurt himself liked this but the way he is not even using his leg is what makes me anxious. Normally he limps but has never just walked on only 3 legs. I Hope it heals up. He was giving me that look of "help me mama" as he did his tough guy growl. Lol

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Oh, pooooor baby Cutty :(:(:(
Maybe he should get breakfast in bed this morning. ;)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Seems you already got some great advice! Just wondering how he is doing today? Hope all is well ...

L

Lucy-licious

Aww poor Baby.....:hug: keep us updated on his progress thoughout the day :pray:

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Well we got up and ate etc.. Still not using that leg at all. He will set it down for balance while standing but otherwise looks like he is walking with crutches. If he enjoyed being carried this would be easier but he hates being picked up so all I hear is his grumbling. :(

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Well we got up and ate etc.. Still not using that leg at all. He will set it down for balance while standing but otherwise looks like he is walking with crutches. If he enjoyed being carried this would be easier but he hates being picked up so all I hear is his grumbling. :(

This is a fear of mine and I know it happens to them all! They think they are unbreakable and dont understand they can get hurt! He not be using it b/c its probably still stiff. I would give him some time and see how he does! I hope all goes well and keep us updated!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I think give it few days..if he starts to cry in pain..take him..sometimes they remember it hurts and won't try putting their leg down..poor Cutty...poor Jen...:hug:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Poor Cutty :( Have you tried manipulating it at all? When Samson sprained his leg the vet bend his leg at the different joints and stuff and because he didn't have any reaction to it he said it was HIGHLY unlikely that it was broken. Bulldog or not he wouldn't mask the pain for something like that so it was determined it was a sprain and would heal on its own. He didn't even feel the need to prescribe anything but gave me the option to get rimadyl which I did take because I didn't want him to be in pain. Glad I did because they gave me more than I needed at the time and after a get together we had recently Samson started limping so I gave him one and he was better after that (when we have people over he runs/jumps around like a puppy on crack LOL he doesn't know his limits!).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.