Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cutty hurt his hind leg.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cutty hurt his hind leg.

Not sure what he did exactly. He and miila started to get into it, we were right there and they stopped fast. thinking maybe he slipped on water that was on the tile. Anyhow he won't even put weight on it at all. I'm fact I am thinking of sleeping in the living room so he van sleep with me cuz hr can't get on our bed by himself now. Should I be worried? He had tweaked muscles our whatever before where after a week it goes away but is waiting bad if he did hurt it for real. Of course I will edit and see how he is on the morning but not sure what I do if he us the same as right now. Ugh...

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cutty hurt his hind leg.

I would wait until the morning and see how he is after resting it all night. Just remember that they are like us .. and after resting an injury all night it can feel really stiff the next morning. So also prepare yourself that he might look a little worse in the morning until he warms up a bit and gets moving.

I would just go with your gut ......... if you think it doesn't look as if he is in a lot of pain then I would ban him to the couch next to you the whole days and succumb to a day of disney movies with your kids. Only letting him off the couch to go to toilet or get water and even then carrying him... think of that as your strength training for the day!!! If there is obvious extreme pain I would take him t the vets

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Ohhhh Jen..I would wait a few days. Like Karen said it will stiffen up ..but I would keep him as immobile as possible..crate even..and see how it is after a few days. I bet he pulled a muscle. if he's not crying in pain..I'd give it time.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

@cali~jenn - Bo body slammed Bea in the back yard last Friday. I mean World Wrestling Federation style. My mom was in the house and when we came back in, she said, "What was that noise?" Poor little Bea injured her back leg in some way and has been favoring it, then limping a bit, and now it looks pretty sorted out. I just kept her at short walks and didn't allow any additional crazy play to aggravate it. I tell you though, on Saturday, I thought, "Oh criminy. I'm gonna have to go get an xray on this!"

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Jenn.... how's my sweet Cutty this morning??

Lucy-licious

OMG I hope he's ok But like the others said remember it will be stiff at first, you'll need to give hime time to warm up before you make a decision

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Well I am not sure how he is yet. We slept on the couch and he is still in his spot. He has hurt himself liked this but the way he is not even using his leg is what makes me anxious. Normally he limps but has never just walked on only 3 legs. I Hope it heals up. He was giving me that look of "help me mama" as he did his tough guy growl. Lol

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Oh, pooooor baby Cutty
    Maybe he should get breakfast in bed this morning.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Seems you already got some great advice! Just wondering how he is doing today? Hope all is well ...
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Lucy-licious

Aww poor Baby..... keep us updated on his progress thoughout the day

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Well we got up and ate etc.. Still not using that leg at all. He will set it down for balance while standing but otherwise looks like he is walking with crutches. If he enjoyed being carried this would be easier but he hates being picked up so all I hear is his grumbling.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Well we got up and ate etc.. Still not using that leg at all. He will set it down for balance while standing but otherwise looks like he is walking with crutches. If he enjoyed being carried this would be easier but he hates being picked up so all I hear is his grumbling.
    This is a fear of mine and I know it happens to them all! They think they are unbreakable and dont understand they can get hurt! He not be using it b/c its probably still stiff. I would give him some time and see how he does! I hope all goes well and keep us updated!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads