Cutty hurt his hind leg.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I was going to say exactly the same thing as [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] ... maybe try very gently manipulating it and feeling around the area. Don't forget to also gently feel along the lower part of the spine because the pull or sprain could be in that area too.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I haven't so much tried moving it around as much have just been feeling for a sign of something. The top of his toes look puffy I think.only thing that maybe swollen. He is really struggling. Gonna be hard cuz he wants me to sit with him and I can't with the kids. I planned on going to the store today but am not sure I want to now.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] .... Nitschke was like this once, and I hate to say this, but he tore his ACL. He started with a limp and then he would not put the leg down - I called the vet and they said it on the phone.

I hope the heck I am wrong and he did only pull something.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
yeesh. does he have any pain behaviours when you manipulate it, like pulling away? if he does then maybe it's something more than muscle...hoping for his quick recovery:begging:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I too would wait a few days and keep him limited on it if you can if he doesn't appear to be in pain. Wilson has done this, and my other dog Ace had done this before where they did something and wouldn't put pressure or limited weight on their leg and then in a couple of days they were just fine (like a sprain). When Ace would do it it was usually from running. I would massage his leg and that seemed to really help, sometimes almost instantly. I hope Cutty is feeling better real fast! :hug:

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I tried replying last night but lost it somehow. Not sure how he is today yet but he seemed maybe a tiny bit better last night? Hard to tell but it looked like he was trying to use his leg a little. Will see how he is when he wakes up. Fingers crossed he is better. Am terrified he tore his acl or something like that. When I move his leg he doesn't pull. Sometimes growls but he growled for daddy in a different place so we didn't Learn much. Lol

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I tried replying last night but lost it somehow. Not sure how he is today yet but he seemed maybe a tiny bit better last night? Hard to tell but it looked like he was trying to use his leg a little. Will see how he is when he wakes up. Fingers crossed he is better. Am terrified he tore his acl or something like that. When I move his leg he doesn't pull. Sometimes growls but he growled for daddy in a different place so we didn't Learn much. Lol

Thats a good sign he was trying to use it! Yea Brutus doesnt like his paws touched period so we wouldnt ever be able to tell if something was wrong lol Hoping all goes well! Thanks for keeping us posted!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Well he is still limping pretty bad BUT he is now using his leg and not just carrying it with him so it must be getting better. He has mastered how to get around just fie with the 3 good legs. I just hope he doesnt pull something with all the compensating he is doing now. He is 6 and now these things worry me more than they did before. Thankfully tho I do think it will heal up.

Bulldoggie371

Mar 11, 2012
Willis, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
I too keep a supply of Rimadyl on hand. I usually try to give it a few days of rest in the crate plus the meds and normally it is nothing serious.
If he's not better after a few days I would probably take him in. Hugs to Cutty for a speedy recovery.:hug:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.