Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cutty hurt his hind leg.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver and Ivy Claire
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cutty hurt his hind leg.

yeesh. does he have any pain behaviours when you manipulate it, like pulling away? if he does then maybe it's something more than muscle...hoping for his quick recovery
    "J'embrace mon chien sur la bouche!" (i kiss my dog on the mouth!)--unknown

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

I too would wait a few days and keep him limited on it if you can if he doesn't appear to be in pain. Wilson has done this, and my other dog Ace had done this before where they did something and wouldn't put pressure or limited weight on their leg and then in a couple of days they were just fine (like a sprain). When Ace would do it it was usually from running. I would massage his leg and that seemed to really help, sometimes almost instantly. I hope Cutty is feeling better real fast!
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I tried replying last night but lost it somehow. Not sure how he is today yet but he seemed maybe a tiny bit better last night? Hard to tell but it looked like he was trying to use his leg a little. Will see how he is when he wakes up. Fingers crossed he is better. Am terrified he tore his acl or something like that. When I move his leg he doesn't pull. Sometimes growls but he growled for daddy in a different place so we didn't Learn much. Lol

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    I tried replying last night but lost it somehow. Not sure how he is today yet but he seemed maybe a tiny bit better last night? Hard to tell but it looked like he was trying to use his leg a little. Will see how he is when he wakes up. Fingers crossed he is better. Am terrified he tore his acl or something like that. When I move his leg he doesn't pull. Sometimes growls but he growled for daddy in a different place so we didn't Learn much. Lol

Thats a good sign he was trying to use it! Yea Brutus doesnt like his paws touched period so we wouldnt ever be able to tell if something was wrong lol Hoping all goes well! Thanks for keeping us posted!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Well he is still limping pretty bad BUT he is now using his leg and not just carrying it with him so it must be getting better. He has mastered how to get around just fie with the 3 good legs. I just hope he doesnt pull something with all the compensating he is doing now. He is 6 and now these things worry me more than they did before. Thankfully tho I do think it will heal up.

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Bulldoggie371's Avatar
    Real Name
    Heather Morgan
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
    Likes (Received)

I too keep a supply of Rimadyl on hand. I usually try to give it a few days of rest in the crate plus the meds and normally it is nothing serious.
    If he's not better after a few days I would probably take him in. Hugs to Cutty for a speedy recovery.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoggie371 View Post
    I too keep a supply of Rimadyl on hand. I usually try to give it a few days of rest in the crate plus the meds and normally it is nothing serious.
    If he's not better after a few days I would probably take him in. Hugs to Cutty for a speedy recovery.
    Thank you! He has no crate which sucks. Miila has one and I thought to use it for Cutty but he would think he was being punished and that is a sad thought so no go on that. He is keeping mellow mostly and since I am home with him almost all the time I do keep him close. I have anti inflammatory for him, should I try it? Might help a little but then maybe he will do more damage cuz he will feel better?

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Late to this post so sorry he hurt his leg, but sounds like it is getting a little better. I would just see what happens in the next few days as long as it keeps improving. Hugs from all the gang.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

yes i am late as well. i hope he feels better soon. if he is not better in a few days i would take him in. just to get it checked out and make sure he didnt tear something or whatever. just for peace of mind

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads