Problem Wrinkles

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Try colloidal silver once a day until bacteria has gone then twice weekly,although Annie was very infected due to so many allergies I always managed to keep her face clear,I also dropped it into her eyes to flush them out ,it really is remarkable stuff,karen

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
What works great anytime he's gotten red or raw wrinkles, is a slathering of antifungal cream. I actually had a conversation with a pharmacist once because I had monistat in my hand and she advised I go with an antifungal cream that people use for Athlete's foot - the one I have been using with good success is Walgreens brand Clotrimazole, a lot cheaper than Monsitat and within a few days, all redness, soreness is gone. I just slather some into the wrinkle and rub it in. The fact that Mr. D lets me do this easily makes me think it feels good and makes him not sore as well.

On a side note, I had a bad cold once, and my nose was all raw and scaley underneath from blowing it. Vaseline, skin creams, etc were doing nothing. I decided to use some of this cream under my nose, and the icky skin that had been there for weeks cleared up in 2 DAYS!! This is why I haven't ever used diaper cream on him because I don't think it has anything in it for yeast, which is what is making your baby sore.

Good luck!

Editing just to say my vet does not recommend creams for folds. Says to keep very dry and only use malaket wipes and antifungal powder.

Every Vet seems to be different and take a totally different approach to this problem. My vet gives creams and ointments, plus powders. So with all of the suggestions here, I'm totally confused as to what will work - since I've tried everything listed and still have a problem, plus I've had Maximus allergy tested
and he's on NVI food. I think I am going to go with the witch hazel + antifungal powders.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby gets yeasty in her face folds sometimes too. 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar. Dab that on with a cotton ball. Dry with a tissue or another cotton ball. The redness is gone within a couple of hours and it's totally gone in a day or 2. Yeast can't grow in the acid from the vinegar so it stops it in it's tracks. I keep a container of it in the fridge, the cold helps the irritation too.

I also squeeze a couple drops of it into her ears to help keep infections away. So far, so good!

Members online

No members online now.