Two quick questions!

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
Does anyone have an adult bully that does not have allergies? Feeding them yogurt.....does it have to be plain or can it be flavored?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Some one here does have a bully without allergies, but I forget who it is. I usually just do the plain yogurt

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Gracie has no allergies..She eats plain yogurt no flavored. I dont think the flavors are good for them. If I remember right..

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Buddy doesn't have any allergies, BeBe, Lucy, will get a little red on some foods, right now they are good. :pray: Jewel, and Blondie are good so far, Blondie just has some tear stains. Plus we just give plain yogurt some times.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I would say just plain yogurt as well sometimes the flavored ones have added sugar and preservatives...if you want you could add fresh fruit to it! I give Brutus about 1/4 cup with some fruit as dessert (not everynight but quite often) lol He is a tubba wubba

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh and you could also just add about 1-2 tbsp on her food each night if you want also

OP
GRACIE11

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
Buddy doesn't have any allergies, BeBe, Lucy, will get a little red on some foods, right now they are good. :pray: Jewel, and Blondie are good so far, Blondie just has some tear stains. Plus we just give plain yogurt some times.
Yayyyy! There's hope! All I hear about is the allergies.....keeping my fingers crossed! :clap: What kind of dog food are they on? Sounds like you have some really healthy dogs!

OP
GRACIE11

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
Gracie has no allergies..She eats plain yogurt no flavored. I dont think the flavors are good for them. If I remember right..

:jumping:I'm so excited to hear that! I hope I have that great of luck with Gracie Mae. How often do you feed her yogurt and what kind of dog food is she on? I feed Gracie yogurt every night with her supper.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas does not have allergies either. He has epilepsy, but no allergies. I have him on Dog Lovers Gold.
I believe you are better feeding the plain yogurt. Check out the sugar difference between plain and flavored. Sugar isn't good for them..and I think that is why plain is better.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I have now cut out yogurt and all dairy for Maggie ....... so for all of them!! If you are interested why then just read my thread on integrated medicine ... but when I did give them yogurt it was plain but I often topped it off with frozen blueberries or some fresh banana.

OP
GRACIE11

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
Vegas does not have allergies either. He has epilepsy, but no allergies. I have him on Dog Lovers Gold.
I believe you are better feeding the plain yogurt. Check out the sugar difference between plain and flavored. Sugar isn't good for them..and I think that is why plain is better.
I'm glad too hear about no allergies....but sad to hear about epilepsy. My daughter has it and it's a not fun thing to have. I don't know how it effects dogs though.

OP
GRACIE11

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
I have now cut out yogurt and all dairy for Maggie ....... so for all of them!! If you are interested why then just read my thread on integrated medicine ... but when I did give them yogurt it was plain but I often topped it off with frozen blueberries or some fresh banana.
THANKS! I will go read it.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I give my dogs plain yogurt - and probably too much since they are now accused of being fat. hahahahahaha

I've been giving them an 1/8 to 1/4 cup once a day for the probiotics and they love it - but I'm dialing back the amount quite a bit now that they are on a "diet".

Most Reactions