Chance of them getting pregnant Naturally

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
thats what i call desperation lol,but there is no way to stop a male they go into crazy i want that bitch mode :laugh:,karen

And this is different for a human, how?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
She also told us that we will go in on the 11th of next month to find out if she is pregnant and if she is we will work thru it because i for one dont like or support abortions. but as far as her being so young the most harm it will do is stunt her growth

The reason they are artificially inseminated is because breeding naturally can kill them. Google 'artificial insemination of an English Bulldog' and read any article about it. It will basically state that bulldog's overheat very easily. Are you serious about the termination, or as you call it 'abortion'? We are talking about the health of your bulldog! She is too young! She is still a puppy herself. I'm not normally such a bitch, but this just strikes a nerve. I pray she isn't pregnant, but if she is, you need to be the responsible pet owner and do what is right for the health of your puppy. Putting a mature female thru the process of pregnancy and a c-section is risky enough, but a baby? I respect your views on "abortion", but this is a puppy not a human. *deep breath* Welcome to the forum. There is so much information on here, I'm almost certain that if you browse thru our previous articles...you will see why myself, others...and hopefully you are or will be such an advocate for proper breeding. I know this was a complete accident, so forgive me for being so blunt.

FYI:
A male can smell a female in heat up to 5 miles away.......I heard that on Dog Whisperer. And, males will do just about anything to get to a female in heat. So like the advice above...never ever ever leave a female unattended while in heat. :nonono:

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Personally..it doesn't matter what or how you believe about abortions..your dog could die if pregnant and too young. Why would you risk it for a second? Let's hope you learned a big lesson here..I hope she isn't pregnant. I don't want to sound "preachy".. And I too am glad you found this forum, but breeding dogs..any dogs is such a huge responsibility. Good Luck...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The reason they are artificially inseminated is because breeding naturally can kill them. Google 'artificial insemination of an English Bulldog' and read any article about it. It will basically state that bulldog's overheat very easily. Are you serious about the termination, or as you call it 'abortion'? We are talking about the health of your bulldog! She is too young! She is still a puppy herself. I'm not normally such a bitch, but this just strikes a nerve. I pray she isn't pregnant, but if she is, you need to be the responsible pet owner and do what is right for the health of your puppy. Putting a mature female thru the process of pregnancy and a c-section is risky enough, but a baby? I respect your views on "abortion", but this is a puppy not a human. *deep breath* Welcome to the forum. There is so much information on here, I'm almost certain that if you browse thru our previous articles...you will see why myself, others...and hopefully you are or will be such an advocate for proper breeding. I know this was a complete accident, so forgive me for being so blunt.

FYI:
A male can smell a female in heat up to 5 miles away.......I heard that on Dog Whisperer. And, males will do just about anything to get to a female in heat. So like the advice above...never ever ever leave a female unattended while in heat. :nonono:

WELL SAID and I agree 100%!!

[MENTION=4511]Stephanie Zuniga[/MENTION]

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
One heat she didn't want to breed her and she crated her male and let her female run around. Big mistake because she went and backed up on the crate and they did their thing through the crate slats.
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

I'm new to this female in heat thing since I've always had male dogs so I have nothing to say but what the others have already said. My two males are just over a year old and I had them neutered last month. I'm still keeping a close on on Emma in case she goes into heat early (she'll be 4 months soon). Hopefully your vet was right and she's not preggo but I guess you'll figure that out soon enough. Good luck!

Oh and :welcome: to EBN!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.