Chance of them getting pregnant Naturally

Stephanie Zuniga

Mar 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Zena
I hope you guys can help me on some advise on my female, We have our yard fenced with chain link. Our female started her heat cycle the 1st of this month its her first one, she is about 8-9 months old, Well I let her outside as normal and my next door neighbor male dog somehow we are thinking jumped got in to our yard well she was outside for about 30 mins. I called the dog pound freaking out this dog is in my yard well she said they probably more likely hooked because the back of her neck was so wet! so we found out the male dog is 8months and not neutered. So my question what are the chance she is pregnant? And we wanted to breed her once for family but is she ruined as a purebreed? Please help

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
There is a chance and she is also much too young to have puppies. I would call the vet.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She could be prego, I'd call your vet to see what he wants to do. This is why you do not leave your bitches in heat outside by themselves.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
if you are breeding for only family pets, if the pups are full bloodied, it won't matter if she had a mix littler. I think, if not mistaken, that is a show rule. There are breeders on the site that may answer that question better.

Yes, never leave a female in heat alone outside. Our dog parks don't even allow un-altered males there when owners are supposed to be watching their dogs....

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] you are correct, if they have a mixed breed litter, this will not affect your next pure breed litter.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Well, to tell the truth, him being only 8 months old also, they both are probably to dumb yet to figure out how to go about it. He may have just done her on the head, I see this happen often at my house. Believe it or not, it takes practice for them. Bully's especially just go about humpty dumptying around. If this was both their first time, I doubt she'd be pregnant.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
There is a chance she can be pregnant, speak to your vet. Many years ago our neighbor ran into the same situation. Although the pair didn't lock up, he did mount with a quick slip and she got pregnant. She had one puppy in there. Good luck. I hope it works out. Never, ever leave a female in heat unattended. You have to watch them even when you have one of the panty things on.

Not that this is funny or anything but I have a friend that breeds yorkies. She has a very frisky female. One heat she didn't want to breed her and she crated her male and let her female run around. Big mistake because she went and backed up on the crate and they did their thing through the crate slats.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
One heat she didn't want to breed her and she crated her male and let her female run around. Big mistake because she went and backed up on the crate and they did their thing through the crate slats.

:ROFL:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
There is a chance she can be pregnant, speak to your vet. Many years ago our neighbor ran into the same situation. Although the pair didn't lock up, he did mount with a quick slip and she got pregnant. She had one puppy in there. Good luck. I hope it works out. Never, ever leave a female in heat unattended. You have to watch them even when you have one of the panty things on.

Not that this is funny or anything but I have a friend that breeds yorkies. She has a very frisky female. One heat she didn't want to breed her and she crated her male and let her female run around. Big mistake because she went and backed up on the crate and they did their thing through the crate slats.

WOW that's some mighty fancy work there. Them garsh darn Yorkies:laugh:

sorry

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I've read about dogs being able to mate through chain link fences! Also, I have actually seen BabyGirl back her rump up to one of the boys even in her pen. But I've got it covered now!

OP
S

Stephanie Zuniga

Mar 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Zena
That is some Amazing work! She knows how to get it done thats for sure! Thank you for the advice...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)

Whut??? :eek: :faint:

OP
S

Stephanie Zuniga

Mar 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Zena
Thank you everyone I did talk to the vet and she said its very slim she is pregnant because 90% of the time they have to be artificailly inseminated. Hope thats true! She also told us that we will go in on the 11th of next month to find out if she is pregnant and if she is we will work thru it because i for one dont like or support abortions. but as far as her being so young the most harm it will do is stunt her growth, How true that is i dont know..

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.