A Lump on Rook's Neck?!?!?!

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Rook was a stinky bear so I gave him a bath this afternoon. After, as I was drying him off, I felt a round bump on his neck. It's about the size of a dime and it feels very firm/hard. There is still hair growing on/around the lump so it's a bit hard to see and try to get a photograph to share with you. The skin looks a bit redder than the pinky skin around the lump. It's near where his collar would sit around his neck normally, so I don't know if it's been there for awhile and never noticed because of the collar was in the way or if this is something new. We recently started using a harness for walks. I don't know if the harness has been rubbing/irritating the spot, if it's an allergic reaction to something, or something worse.
Has anyone ever had something similar on their dogs?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I havent a clue but am bumping this to the top of the new posts.... Hope someone with some experience with this sees your question.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hard to tell, it could just be a fat deposit. I would watch it for a few weeks to see if it gets bigger. If it does, I would take him to the vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION].... watch it for a couple weeks see if there is any change. If yes, have it checked out by a vet.

OP
LaurenA

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Thanks [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] & [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] !
I was freaking out when I found it! Definitely will keep an eye on it, and will let you know what happens.
Thanks again!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would also put the harness on again just to check if it actually DOES rub in that exact same spot or causes the collar to rub on that spot .... just to rule that out as a possible cause!

OP
LaurenA

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Thanks [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] !
I've been trying to figure out if it is the harness... there is so much roly poly skin around his neck, depending on where it ends up at any given moment it possibly could be the harness, but it seems that the spot is usually under his collar. Just gonna keep an eye on it. It seems to be bothering me more than it is bother him.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.