alopecia

OP
R

Rockybow

Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Amazing!! Thank you very much! I will for sure be going to get some.! It's just a shadow on his sides there is not much hair go e so hopfully I can get it in time and he won't lose it all.. This is the first I have seen it on him!.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I just took this picture today. Yes, it must be seasonal alopecia if it looks like this. BabyGirl gets skin supplements that are from her vet but I also give her flaxseed oil capsules. At first all her fur grew back but just this last month it fell out again but this time there is still some longer hairs left in place. I'm assuming it will all grow back in again later as it did last time. Hope this helps.

eaa2aca0.jpg

OP
R

Rockybow

Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Okay thank you.. I will have to get rocky some stuff see if any helps. I know he has never had it before he does have no hair on his chin and all them bumps but I am not sur what that is and they bleed when he rubs them.. But the lose of hair on his sides is not overly big or noticeable it just lookes like a faded hair spot or what I though with little kids something sticky on him lol

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
what do I do if my dog has cyclic flank alopecia?!?

Hello Rockybow - and WELCOME! If you checked the other thread that our fabulous [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] has supplied, you saw pictures of my little Bea's alopecia. I can tell you this about it:
1) it's just cosmetic - it doesn't bother Bea at all; itch or anything. It's bothering YOU more than it's bothering your dog, I can assure you.
2) sunlight is supposed to help - although I didn't see that it altered the size of it any. Bea loved the "sun tanning" she got to do - CLOSELY supervised because bulldogs tend to over heat easily.
3) it goes away. It's seasonal.
Just another fabulous thing to deal with, here in the World of English Bulldogs! Bea got regular, moisturizing oatmeal shampoo baths - not because of the alopecia; but because that's just what I do. Maybe it helped with any dryness - if there was any. I don't recall it being troublesome at all.

OP
R

Rockybow

Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Okay thank you so much! As long as it will not hurt or bother him!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.