I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Sleep with a Pillow???

Just curious....Since Vegas was a baby he has always had a pillow in his crate, he sleeps with his chest on it, when he is on my couch he lays on a pillow or up on the arm to sleep. I think it helps him breath better, (YES he still snores LOUDLY) but I was wondering if any other bully's sleep on a pillow and if you think it is because it helps them to breath better?? I keep two, so that I can wash one while he has the other one, it does not take long for his pillow and stuffed toys to stink!!! This is an example of him on my couch with the pillow.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dempsey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sleep with a Pillow???

Dempsey has his own pillow on the sofa and sleeps with his chest on it too. He also likes to lay on a pillow on my lap. He can see out the living room window that way, too. Breathing better? Maybe, althought Dempsey will sleep with his nose smooched into the mattress sometimes, I don't know how he breathes that way!

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Vegas likes to sleep on my lap also, I can't do it for long, at 65 lbs. 14 months old, he puts my legs to sleep, lol, If I am laying on the couch he likes to lay on my chest, again, I can't breath, so that can't happen for long either. I love to snuggle with him, but he is just to heavy to lay on me any more.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Cutty has manypillows but I havent noticed him "having to have one" to sleep on. Now my pug, Mugsy on the other hand I have always thought this kinda cuz he sleeps with his head up, or neck stretched out a bit. I always thought it was maybe cuz he could breathe better. I also love that he nuzzles his head in everytime he gets comfy. Cutty does this too but not as drastic as little Mugs. Cute!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Vegas is so cute, love that picture! Samson just sleeps wherever is comfortable, Loki my beagle is the one that likes to sleep on pillows.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

I am sure that is the reason why Vegas sleeps on a pillow. Sub-consensusly that is why humans use an extra one. Anyone ever wonder why Doctors and Anesthesiologists ask "how many pillows do you sleep with?" or "Do you sleep with more than one pillow?" That is a sign of sleep apnea. The elevation of the head allows you to breath better.

The anatomy is such that if you tilt your head, chin to chest, your tongue obstructs the airways. Your chin tilted up, head back, opens it up. Also most of the time if the tongue is sticking out enough, there is no snoring. The airway is then completely open. General CPR info.
    If we have patients who snore during surgery, we will get a "tongue clamps" and pull their tongue out so the airway will be open more.
    The Dental nerd is showing up again. lol

Always with me

Kennel Cleaner ohiostatebulldogs's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shug Knight of OSB , Santini of OSB, and Mercedes of OSB
    Likes (Received)

great Pic! My bullies love pillows too! My Santini sleeps with her head on the vent where the Central Air Comes out!
    S Martin
    Ohio State Bulldogs
    " Unless you try something beyond what you have already mastered you will never grow" OSB

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

My boys never slept with pillows - especially not Linus, he loves to sleep on the ground or on the bare floor of his crate, anything else makes him too hot! Bentley was never one to need more than a towel or dog bed either. Truman on the other hand....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

He doesn't really sleep with any pillows either though.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh I love the Truman picture! He is so handsome!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Awww... I LOVE that pic of Truman! What a cutie! Gertie doesn't have a pillow, but she has a small, fluffy bed in her crate, that is really too small for her now, but she uses it as her "pillow", so I've left it in there for her. Oh how funny! I just looked over at Gertie, she's asleep in her crate right now. She's asleep in her bed, spralled out on her back, like "road-kill", and her head is on her stuffed duckie, because it won't fit in her bed.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@ Bella's mom, well I sleep with two pillows and I snore louder than Vegas, my husband is also a snore-er along with Vegas, My sister came to visit and slept in the other bedroom, she got up early and she said between me, my husband and Vegas she could not believe the windows had not shattered in our home LOL, I love waking up and hearing Vegas snoring, for some reason it is a comfort to me.
    @ Jillh10....HOW CUTE IS THAT PICTURE!!!!! Love it!!!

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Spike & Sparkles
    Likes (Received)

awww how cute...love the pix. spike is not a big fan of pillows but loves laying on the little mats i put on the entrance of the front door
    <3 Crystal Alonso
    Proud Mom of Spike & Sparkles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads