I went to CVS today, and the clerk there thought I was crazy!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I went to CVS today, actually I went to a different store that I normally don't go to. I went in to pick up Stridex pads. I couldn't find them and asked the clerk there where they were located in the store. The guy tried to talk me into some other CVS brand skin care and I said no. He continued to try to talk me into getting their brand and when I finally told him....NO Thank you...this is for my dog! He looked at me and kept shaking his head....then he told me..."You know these are not for dogs"...This is what my vet recommended that I use instead of Malacetic wipes. My vet told me a long time ago that Stridex would do the exact same thing, but it was cheaper. He also told me that if her wrinkles got irritated that I should use burn creme. My last bulldog lived to be 16, and he never had any problems. Bertie is 6 month and so far so good there too!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Wow, crazy clerk! Um, wow. I'm impressed! 16 years of age. Impressed! Good job with your bullies!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So what did you tell the clerk?

And my vet recommends the same thing as well. He said if it's raw to use off brand cuz it's not as powerful as name brands tho.

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I just looked and then said this is the reason I never ask for help in a store....and I turned and walked away.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
lol wow! I will have to get some stridex pads. Havent tried them as a cheap swap out but i will from now on, good idea! And yes 16 years is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I don't find that strange at all. Not very many people would do for their dogs what us Bullies owners do for ours. I find ,though, that teaching people about this instead of getting upset makes me feel better... even if the person I'm teaching about could care less.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online