A shanmpoo recommendation!

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
A shampoo recommendation!

My vet recently sold me a shampoo I never tried before, he recommended it highly to me - it's called Zymox Enzymatic Shampoo and is anti-fungal/bacterial. I have tried many shampoos (Masaleb, Malaket, Etiderm, cheap pet store Oatmeal ones, even one at WalMart that said it was anti yeast/bacterial) and the anti fungal ones have never had, to me, a nice fragrance to them - even after a bath, until he is dry, Mr. D will smell like wet dirty dog and not very deodorized. I used the Zymox today and it has an nice, clean smell to it even though it was clear, and Mr. D is drying off and isn't stinky at all. I am sold!! Just thought I'd share if you need shampoo ideas.

Last edited:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=4447]bulliemommi[/MENTION] Good to know! BRutus is 9 months and I have only used Oatmeal based shampoos with no perfumes or anything! Sometimes the food makes a big difference with their overall coat! Thanks for sharing this info with us :) Does Mr.D have something going on with his skin right now? We are dealing with Chin acne at the moment!

OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Mr. D used to get yeast in his face folds - every vet has recommended a shampoo for yeast for him. I don't know if it's the wipes that help or the shampoos, but he has no yeast stains in his folds for a while now. He has been having hair loss recently and the chin acne, and the new vet suggested that shampoo, so I got some to try since the Etiderm shampoo I had recently bought to try (and 2 bottles too, grr!) instead of the Malaket didn't seem to leave him smelling very fresh. Before that I had bought a pet store oatmeal one and he still was stinky with that one too. I am waiting on a skin fungal panel and allergy one as as well to see what's going on with him.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Yea that test for his skin would be good! Just for you to get peace of mind and figure out what is going on! Hopefully nothing and he is just a cute stinky! Brutus used to smell after 2weeks but we figured out since the food switch his skin, coat, and overal smell is so much better even his breath! We still think there are some allergies but not enough of a problem to do test just yet! He is still young so I wanna wait as long as we can! Thankfully you found a shampoo that you can use to get him fresh again! Hope all goes well and everything works out for you and Mr.D! Please keep me posted!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Yes. I have always used a shampoo that the vet rec, antibacterial. It's 3% cholehezidine (sp?). Has ways worked good for bubba.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.