Lump on Chin??? Please help!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus's chin looked a little red last night and looked like it was bleeding. I noticed he had a little pimple (not like ourr no white or anything no puss) it bled for 2 sec just a little and then it stopped. I cleaned his whole face, put some peroxide dried it and then applied some neosporian. This morning we woke up and it seems like there is a lump on the one side now!!! its looks different than yesterday! I am so confused as to what this is .... So many things are running through my head right now! I am thinking of going to the vet to have it looked at! Is there anything I can do to make it go down and get rid of it! Has anyone had this problem before????? I have stainless steal bowls and he is a big drooler after drinking and while sleeping or playing! It doesnt seem to bother him! but it bothers me to look at and i dont want it to get worse! I am going to call the vet right now!

Attachments

• Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 166

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Relax, this is perfectly normal, like teenage acne. Bulldogs chins are exposed to everything and it's usually the first thing that's touched when they sniff, eat, drink etc. Keep it dry and don't worry, he could grow out of it. Totally natural.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I just spoke with the vet and emailed them the picture! They said the same! Ughhh I get so nervous b/c of eveything he has been through already! Its not pretty at all to look at either! Thanks [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Now Im freaking out b/c I just heard it can turn into a staph infection and get worse! I am trying to prevent that and dont want to give him any meds! Anybody have any remedies to use to get this away!! Thanks

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Nigel and Karly get that too. Glad to know it's normal and not serious.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
they all get this at some point,thankfully bulldogs heal very quickly,nappy rash cream will fix it,karen

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
what about some acne pads?? I've heard of people using those on bulldogs....like the strydex pads or neutrogena

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] Okay so this may sound really dumb! :whistle: Can I use desitin???? :rofl: Im being serious though? I was told to use it but want to run it by all of you first! :lol: Thanks

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Watson has the same thing on his chin which started about 1 week ago. [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] told me to use the stridex pads on it. It is now drying up and getting better. I think our bulldogs are the same age so they are going through the same changes...bully chin acne

I also took away all of his plastic toys for now

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ohhhh yea [MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] thats right they are! I got so nervous I was thinking infection all sorts of things! GOod to know! Ill use the stridex pads!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
@karenben Okay so this may sound really dumb! :whistle: Can I use desitin???? :rofl: Im being serious though? I was told to use it but want to run it by all of you first! :lol: Thanks
i have never tried destin,i have always used sudocrem its an antiseptic cream used on babies bums lol,honestly bulldogs heal so quickly and are always getting sore chins its just the way they play and are so clumsy so dont be overly stressed the chin will calm down,karen

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson has two right now. He used to only get one. For him it's an ingrown hair. When it gets festered a bit, I squeeze it and then clean it with Witch Hazel. The bump always stays there when heeled and then will come back again when the hair grows back.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
I suggested this in the cyst thread, but it works for chin pimples too...and don't panic, it won't turn to staph unless that particular spot is open and comes in contact with staph (very improbable). Use Nature's Aid. You can get it at any health food store.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
THANKS EVERYONE! I have turned into a worry wart ! Thats and it actually is looking better today the swelling went down and its not as red!

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Mr. D is 5 yrs old and has a horrible case of this (he used to get one or two that would go away but recently got a huge swollen area, almost like mulitple ones that had merged)- I ended up taking him to the vet because it wasn't improving after a few weeks and had to get 21 days of antibiotics. But vet said it was chin acne too. Didn't rec. me putting anything on it either. He's been on them for 1 week and his chin honestly doesn't look a lot better yet. :( Glad Brutus is doing better! I hope ours does soon too!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.