Lump on Chin??? Please help!

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Mr. D is 5 yrs old and has a horrible case of this (he used to get one or two that would go away but recently got a huge swollen area, almost like mulitple ones that had merged)- I ended up taking him to the vet because it wasn't improving after a few weeks and had to get 21 days of antibiotics. But vet said it was chin acne too. Didn't rec. me putting anything on it either. He's been on them for 1 week and his chin honestly doesn't look a lot better yet. :( Glad Brutus is doing better! I hope ours does soon too!

Our vet said to keep it clean and dry! He drools alot after drinking so that could be it! He is also a very dirty boy when he goes outside! lol I hope it continues to get better b.c I want to avoid antibiotics! Hoping that your little guy gets better ! You should try the stridex pads I went and got some last night at the 24 hr pharmacy and its owrking better than the peroxide was!

TwoBullies

Jan 16, 2012
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia & Jake
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] Good information, I'll have to try the stridex pads on our Mia when her's come back (hopefully it doesn't lol).

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Glad everything went well and he is feeling better! Thanks for the post with the information! Hope all is well today with you guys!

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Our vet said to keep it clean and dry! He drools alot after drinking so that could be it! He is also a very dirty boy when he goes outside! lol I hope it continues to get better b.c I want to avoid antibiotics! Hoping that your little guy gets better ! You should try the stridex pads I went and got some last night at the 24 hr pharmacy and its owrking better than the peroxide was!

I wipe his mouth every time he drinks, this is so aggravating. It looks like he even has a new lump coming up. I am going to ask the vet about it this week when he goes in for his (OMG I am so scared) dental. I am so paranoid and worried about them putting him out for it but it needs to be done. :(

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I wipe his mouth every time he drinks, this is so aggravating. It looks like he even has a new lump coming up. I am going to ask the vet about it this week when he goes in for his (OMG I am so scared) dental. I am so paranoid and worried about them putting him out for it but it needs to be done. :(

What is having done to his teeth that they are putting him to sleep? How old is he? Yea the whole acne thing is killing me! I had 2 other pitbulls and they never had this but there different! His is getting better since using the Stridex still broken out but not bad! Brutus gets slobbery after drinking but while he plays he gets drool sometimes not to bad and sleeping he drools like a baby! Its so cute but hard to keep dry sometimes and he always drinks! I have used a roll of bounty a day with him

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Watson's chin. I don't think it is getting better. [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331692394241.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331692394241.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 48
OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] looks the same as Brutus's although one of Brutus's actually was bleeding slightly today I think he cut it open! I used peroxide instead of the stridex b.c i didnt want it to burn him! I cant belive how similar it is!! I will try to post a picure tommorow having trouble loading from iphone! Hopefully others can tell us if its gets worse before better

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
[MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] looks the same as Brutus's although one of Brutus's actually was bleeding slightly today I think he cut it open! I used peroxide instead of the stridex b.c i didnt want it to burn him! I cant belive how similar it is!! I will try to post a picure tommorow having trouble loading from iphone! Hopefully others can tell us if its gets worse before better

I took that pic like 5mins ago. I think if there is a break in the skin like that Brutus may news to have abx due to staph infection

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online