I know it's stupid, but I feel so guilty!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Sitting here outside vets office, with tears in my eyes. Just dropped Bubba off to get fixed. If he doesn't do ok, I'll feel so guilty. I know it's best for him though.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Such a scarey feeling, he will be OK, and yes it is best for him. Look at all the boys that has had this done in the last few months, all have gotten along well. :hug:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
And I don't think it is stupid, I would feel the same exact way!!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Its hard to drop them off for any procedure.. But like KMarino said lots have had it done lately with no complications and its what is best for him...Will be saying prayers for you.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
He won't even know what happened. Seriously!

Besides....Cesar says:

Sterilization reduces the risk of incidence of a number of health problems that are difficult and expensive to treat. Prostate cancer risk is greatly reduced in males. By sterilizing your pet, your dog will live a healthier and longer life. The truth is that neutered and spayed dogs are better pets.

You are doing THE RIGHT THING. Thank you for that.

I was commenting on another thread and spoke of my first Bullie, Mable. It's my belief that a portion of the line she came from should NOT HAVE BEEN BRED and that, in fact, what led to hear death. Why do I think this? A year or so after she died, I learned of a woman that planned on building a kennel and a line out of the dogs that Mable came out of. All her dogs died. All of them. These folks were passing on crappy genes. I would like to think they didn't know this....they were reputable breeders and really nice people...but who knows.

Sometimes, it isn't easy doing the right thing. I for one respect the hell out of you for it.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
When I dropped Gracie off last week for her emergency surgery. I didnt break down in front of the vet but did in front of his girls working there..I mean big blubbering mess. They didnt know what to do with me. lol...If that helps any..

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I so feel for you. I cried my eyes out when usko was in a surgery. He'll be just fine in no time. Soon you'll be laughing and he'll be all zonked out. Dogs live in the moment and are just happy when taken good care of, like you're doing!

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
@bubbaisapig

Your right..Its stupid ...... :ROFL:

My Jack was neutered about 5 weeks ago..
I notice in him a little better behaved and just a happier dog over all....

The only downside to the procedure is that now his sacks look like a pair of deflated balloons... :rofl:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I've heard that you can get implants....

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Bubba will be fine. We are sending big hugs for you both. He won't miss the boys, and removing them can definitely be a plus in the health column.

[MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION]...the sacs tend to tighten up to almost nothing within a few months.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Don't be sad. He will be fine. You are doing him a favor. Not only are you decreasing the risk of some cancers, you are also removing the frustration from not being able to do the things that nature tells him he should be doing ;)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I understand your fear! We had to have an emergecy surgery for Brutus at 8 months 2 procedures in 1...The first was to fix the prolapsed urethra(a condition due to him not being nuetuered) and neuturing! I was so scared as I wanted to wait unitil at least 12 months for neutuer b/c I was scared he was too young for surgery but I had no choice! He did amazing in surgery and recovery was great! He did have complications but that was from prolapsed urethra nothing having to do with surgery itself! I will keep you in our prayers and wishing nothing but the best!

I have noticed in the past month a little difference in his behaivor as he doesnt try to mount anything/Chanel anymore! He is still the same he was before...Still being Dennis the Mennis! Good Luck and please keep us posted!

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
It can't be stupid because we've all felt exactly the same way when we dropped our guys off for the surgery... or we are all stupid? Either way, at least we have each other. :)

Let us know how Bubba is doing. Hopefully he will be a better post-op patient than Rook was... all he wanted to do the next day was run around like a crazy man, I was so scared he was going to rip a stitch and hurt himself. Rook definitely doesn't know/care that anything is missing.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.