Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 66

Thread: $200 later....got Coopers results

  1. #1
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default $200 later....got Coopers results

    Thank You everyone who has been helping the last few days with Cooper throwing up
    Vet did x rays and blood test today. Xrays came back just fine but blood test she said was odd.
    His white blood cells were normal but his lymfocyten was high and his Phosphorus was high also.
    She is blaming it on the salmon oil. He got a shot of antibiotics, and another shot of something I can't remember.
    Gave me canned bland food,, gave me metronidazole and Sucralfate ....and also synacore powder to put in his food.. She said it is an infection in his tummy and not to feed him tonight...but I am not sure if I am going to listen to the not eat tonight. She said give his tummy a break but he hasn't thrown up today after he ate anyway. and he is going to be starving!!! We will see......hopefully this stuff works.

  2. #2
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Watson's Avatar
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    1,099
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: $200 later....got Coopers results

    great news!

  3. #3
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,154
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11485

    Default Re: $200 later....got Coopers results

    Sucralfate is doggie Pepcid and the Metronidazole is doggie Immoium AD ....... I would feed him a little something, not a lot. Was the other shot maybe a B12?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  4. #4
    ..........
    Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,010
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: $200 later....got Coopers results

    wow salmon oil did all that. thats crazy. well im glad you took him and found out what was going on. now you can get him better

  5. #5
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: $200 later....got Coopers results

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Sucralfate is doggie Pepcid and the Metronidazole is doggie Immoium AD ....... I would feed him a little something, not a lot. Was the other shot maybe a B12?
    I can't remember I think she said if was for his upset tummy or it will help with acid reflex or something. SHe was rambling so fast the only reason I could remember what the blood test were is because I made her repeat it and wrote it down...

  6. #6
    Potty Trainer Firefighter Lilt's Avatar
    Location
    Baltimore,MD
    Posts
    53
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brandon
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: $200 later....got Coopers results

    Glad to hear my buddy Coop is doing better finally
    Brandon chilling wit daddy !

  7. #7
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Davidh's Avatar
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    13,246
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)
    1556

    Default Re: $200 later....got Coopers results

    hope this works and he gets better soon.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie


  8. #8
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: $200 later....got Coopers results

    So is he allergic to the salmon oil ..... or was it a bad batch?????

  9. #9
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: $200 later....got Coopers results

    @Cooper11 Hope he gets better soon! Glad he is home with you! Keep me posted after you feed him!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  10. #10
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: $200 later....got Coopers results

    Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    So is he allergic to the salmon oil ..... or was it a bad batch?????
    I dunno if he is allergic but it def don't mesh good with him....the vet acted like I was dumb for giving her salmon oil...said its fatty......and then from there everything was blamed on the salmon oil!

  11. #11
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: $200 later....got Coopers results

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    I dunno if he is allergic but it def don't mesh good with him....the vet acted like I was dumb for giving her salmon oil...said its fatty......and then from there everything was blamed on the salmon oil!
    I'm sorry ... but when it comes to nutrition most of these vets are complete idiots. They just believe whatever they are told because they get paid to sell a paticular product!!! Makes me so crazy!!

    I'd take him off the salmon ... put him on the bland diet ... get everything back to normal and then when you KNOW it is back to normal add in the salmon oil again. Just a little bit .. if there is the slightest sign of illness then don't do it again but if there isn't then it's all fine.

    To blame salmon oil because it's too "fatty" is the most ridiculous explanation I've ever heard. Now if the vet had said that it was because there was a possible link to a salmon allergy then that would be more believable.

    My daughter wants to be a vet ... she's going to graduate this year and has applied and been accepted into two colleges to do a major in biology. After four years if she is very lucky and very good she will be accepted into a four year program at the Vet School ... I'd like to think that with the experiences she is getting from EBN to us and how we feed our bullies that one day I willl know a vet who values and knows more than wht the colleges fill them with.


    **stepping away from soap box **

  12. #12
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: $200 later....got Coopers results

    Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    I'm sorry ... but when it comes to nutrition most of these vets are complete idiots. They just believe whatever they are told because they get paid to sell a paticular product!!! Makes me so crazy!!

    I'd take him off the salmon ... put him on the bland diet ... get everything back to normal and then when you KNOW it is back to normal add in the salmon oil again. Just a little bit .. if there is the slightest sign of illness then don't do it again but if there isn't then it's all fine.

    To blame salmon oil because it's too "fatty" is the most ridiculous explanation I've ever heard. Now if the vet had said that it was because there was a possible link to a salmon allergy then that would be more believable.

    My daughter wants to be a vet ... she's going to graduate this year and has applied and been accepted into two colleges to do a major in biology. After four years if she is very lucky and very good she will be accepted into a four year program at the Vet School ... I'd like to think that with the experiences she is getting from EBN to us and how we feed our bullies that one day I willl know a vet who values and knows more than wht the colleges fill them with.


    **stepping away from soap box **
    Yeah at first I thought it was him eating too fast but them he threw up even after eating slow...so then we thought the salmon oil was the problem so I took that away and all treats too...but he still threw up, so last night was when I tired the bland..beef and rice and he did good until the yellow flem he threw up at 8 this AM .....I know what you are saying about the vet....to tell you the truth I didn't even want to take him cuz I thought they would blow it off but since I requested xrays and said something is wrong because we are going on 4 days. I didn't mention the salmon oil until the end and that was when she starting blaming the salmon oil....of course......there is a vet like 40 minutes away from me who own EB so I am thinking I may start going there...the vet I go to now is a 7 minute drive so it is convenient and I have never had a problem with them...but since Bullies are so different I think I may need to go somewhere else!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •