$200 later....got Coopers results

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Good! Let's hope he is finally getting on the right track.

And I'm sorry, words like "elevated phosphorous levels" freak me out. I can't even eat a cinnamon BUN anymore without feeling nauseous.

OP
C

Cooper11

High lymphocytes indicate an infection, the salmon oil wouldn't cause that.
High phosphorous level ignited my kidney paranoia. Did she tell you how high?

edit...
Not suggesting kidney damage in Coop. I should have said that, sorry, I just woke up from a much needed nap (not feeling so hot today). High phosphorous can affect the calcium level in his bones. If it is too high she should have given you a binder or told you to crush up some egg shells or something[/QUOTE

LOL You probably thought my first response to this I was losing it. For some reason I thought you said the salmon oil would cause it lol...... But yeah I am still staying away from it. And I know its not the salmon oil cuz he is still throwing up even thought its been so long since he has had it.
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
LOL You probably thought my first response to this I was losing it. For some reason I thought you said the salmon oil would cause it lol...... But yeah I am still staying away from it. And I know its not the salmon oil cuz he is still throwing up even thought its been so long since he has had it.
@Twice

I knew what you meant ;) I am fluent in crazy lady :tease:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So glad to know you know what it is for Coop! I suppose dogs, like people, just can't tolerate certain foods and supplements. Hopefully, that's what it is and you and Coop can now carry on to normacy. :heart:

OP
C

Cooper11

@JeannieCO
Yes once I get the fromm I am hoping tht will be the fix! :pray:

@Twice
I know I thanked you yesterday. But I want to say a BIG THANK YOU :luv: today. Looking at Cooper today he looks so good. Still feeding him the veggies, haven't got the fromm yet, but i did get some sweet potatoes, red/green peppers, and some other fresh veggies today! Seriously you helped me and Coop so much. Like I was saying looking at him today: His face looks so much better, barely red at all other than a little where his eye is draining but even the eye isn't draining as bad, his is more active, and I noticed his cysts look WAY better. OMG I am sitting here writing this watching my kids out the window and I could hear Coop down the hall and he just came full boar running and jumped right on me sprinting his little heart out...sounded like a train going through my house! Just shows how much better he feels. I am so happy his feet look so much better! I wish you would have gave me the idea earlier :) ! He still has his cysts but seriously they aren't as red and look not as swollen either. He was still trying to eat the grass today though UGH I hope it is just a habit and not cuz his tummy is bothering him! Thank You Again so so much. If it wasn't for this site and you I would have NEVER of thought to give coop veggies!!!! He is my white little Cooper again and not my red faced miserable looking Pooper! :) Best hes looked in a month! @ChanelnBrutus @Watson thought id tag you 2 too (Thank You for all your advice and help also! Love you 2! :luv:

@desertskybulldogs
Thanks for making this site possible!!!

O and either the drops helped or the veggies helped cuz his eyes are not red today either!! Maybe allergy stuff is low outside too...I dunno but I had him outside today for 2 hours and his face and eyes are still white :)

Last edited:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] Happy things are looking better for Cooper! hope all continues to go welll....:love: :pray: :hug:

OP
C

Cooper11

My hubby just said Coop looks normal again! :) :yes:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
I wish you would have gave me the idea earlier :)

I wish that I had too and I'm sorry that I didn't. I had a lot going on with my mom in and out of the hospital/ICU after her pacemaker surgery, once she was finally released she came to stay with me then 2 days later we had to rush her back in for another week. I was also super busy at work with our newest release moving into production and leaving early every day to see mom didn't help my post count any :) I haven't had much internet time at all. If I was lucky I could read a post or 2 before the world blew up around me lol When I finally got to read your whole updated post I was afraid to say anything for a little while.

When I tell people that Abby is a vegetarian they all laugh at me. I know in my heart that nobody here would ever do that but if something happens often enough this little voice moves into the back of your head that tells you to shut up because everyone will react that way. It's not as easy to ignore that little voice as you might think :tongue:

I am SO glad that he is feeling like his old self again and that his little piggies are healing. I wouldn't even try to guess if it's the veggies or the drops helping his eyes. I'm just thrilled that SOMETHING is!!

I can tell you this tho, Miss Abby doesn't have a tear stain on her face. That chin is completely white again now that I stopped giving her zucchini (it was a little pinkish for a couple of days until I realized zucchini was the only new thing she'd had). And she only gets the boogers in her eyes the morning after she gets her fluids. All in all I think she is doing great as a vegetarian and from the sound of it, it helped Cooper too.

In a couple of days, hopefully this will all be a bad memory :hug:

OP
C

Cooper11

I wish that I had too and I'm sorry that I didn't. I had a lot going on with my mom in and out of the hospital/ICU after her pacemaker surgery, once she was finally released she came to stay with me then 2 days later we had to rush her back in for another week. I was also super busy at work with our newest release moving into production and leaving early every day to see mom didn't help my post count any :) I haven't had much internet time at all. If I was lucky I could read a post or 2 before the world blew up around me lol When I finally got to read your whole updated post I was afraid to say anything for a little while.

When I tell people that Abby is a vegetarian they all laugh at me. I know in my heart that nobody here would ever do that but if something happens often enough this little voice moves into the back of your head that tells you to shut up because everyone will react that way. It's not as easy to ignore that little voice as you might think :tongue:

I am SO glad that he is feeling like his old self again and that his little piggies are healing. I wouldn't even try to guess if it's the veggies or the drops helping his eyes. I'm just thrilled that SOMETHING is!!

I can tell you this tho, Miss Abby doesn't have a tear stain on her face. That chin is completely white again now that I stopped giving her zucchini (it was a little pinkish for a couple of days until I realized zucchini was the only new thing she'd had). And she only gets the boogers in her eyes the morning after she gets her fluids. All in all I think she is doing great as a vegetarian and from the sound of it, it helped Cooper too.

Cool You are on.... I just chopped up my sweet potatoes and im boiling them.....what do you mix with them....anything like should I just throw a bunch of stuff in like the red peppers, carrots, peas, ect.....or do you use certain stuff with certain foods???

OP
C

Cooper11

And O yes I noticed he didn't really have eye boogers today witch is normal he never had them until he got sick! I am glad your mom is doing better. Yo had a lot to deal with all at once between your mom and your baby!!! And you make the little voice LOUD. I would rather you suggest stuff and if people want to listen or take your suggestions they will or if they think you are crazy they will just ignore you!

I told my hubby look how good Cooper looks. Then I told him about you and your baby and you were the one who gave me the idea to feed him the veggies. I feel like I personally know so many people on here even though we have never met in person. I am so glad I met you! When I told the vet about the veggies he didn't act like I was crazy either lol. SO we will see in a few day. I'm kinda afraid to change to the fromm now lol....but we will see!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
I boil the veggies all together EXCEPT for the red peppers. Those have been shown to not only help prevent arthritis but they have also been shown to slow the progression of kidney disease in humans. I feed those raw (diced and mixed into the mash) so the nutrients don't come out in the cooking process.

Since Coop is healthy you can leave the liquid from boiling the veggies in there when you mash it up. I have to drain it away since cooking boils out the phosphorous and Abby can't have too much of that (I use organic, canned, diced tomatoes instead of the cooking water)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Something came to mind so I just wanted to bring it up on the salmon oil. Did you keep it in the fridge? I ask because you'd be surprised how fast it go rancid.

Hopefully he does good on Fromm.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
or do you use certain stuff with certain foods???

No way Jose! This week I threw the kitchen sink into the pot. Abby is dining on sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, red and green peppers, green beans, parsley and red cabbage! (OMG the things I learned about cabbage!!)

Be sure to mix a little olive oil or chicken fat into your mash too. I've been alternating between chicken fat and a 3-6-9 omega blend. It's great for some extra calories and a healthy coat.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.