Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    Honestly? I'm not sure I would feed a healthy dog a diet of vegetables alone. I don't really see a reason not to add some meats to the stew. I can tell you that I would absolutely supplement a couple of meals a week with veggies. I have read (and personally seen) too many health benefits not to.
    Abby is thriving on her vegetarian diet. We weighed her last night and she is up to 20.8 pounds She is active, playful, she has great muscle tone, her legs aren't wobbly anymore, her coat is shiny and soft and there's a sparkle in her eyes that wasn't there when she walked into my house almost 3 months ago. She gets her 100% of her protein from plant sources because she has to. I notice almost immediate physical and behavioral changes in her if I give her meat. Early last week I tried a recipe with rice, carrots and boiled ground beef. Her nutritionist suggested we try a little to see how she tolerates it and I agreed, I like to switch up her meals a little so she doesn't get bored anyway. After the second day I threw it away. She was sluggish, a little bit clumsy and her tremors had started again.

I have a list of excellent plant based proteins that Abby will live on for the rest of her life. I have even begun giving old lady Roxy some of these and I see changes in her too (there are more, but this is the base list I work off of)

Protein in Legume: Garbanzo beans, kidney beans, lentils, lima beans, navy beans, soybeans, split peas
    Protein in Grain: Barley, brown rice, buckwheat, millet, oatmeal, ouinoa, rye, wheat germ, wheat, wild rice
    Vegetable Protein: Artichokes, beets, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumbers, eggplant, green peas, green pepper, kale, lettuce, mushroom, mustard greens, potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, turnip greens, watercress, yams, zucchini

Protein in Fruit: Apple, banana, cantaloupe, grapefruit, honeydew melon, orange, papaya, peach, pear, pineapple, strawberry, tangerine, watermelon

What you feed Cooper is a decision that only you can make. What ANY of us feed our babies is a personal decision because what works for me might not work for you.
    Great info!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: $200 later....got Coopers results

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    Honestly? I'm not sure I would feed a healthy dog a diet of vegetables alone. I don't really see a reason not to add some meats to the stew. I can tell you that I would absolutely supplement a couple of meals a week with veggies. I have read (and personally seen) too many health benefits not to.
    Abby is thriving on her vegetarian diet. We weighed her last night and she is up to 20.8 pounds She is active, playful, she has great muscle tone, her legs aren't wobbly anymore, her coat is shiny and soft and there's a sparkle in her eyes that wasn't there when she walked into my house almost 3 months ago. She gets her 100% of her protein from plant sources because she has to. I notice almost immediate physical and behavioral changes in her if I give her meat. Early last week I tried a recipe with rice, carrots and boiled ground beef. Her nutritionist suggested we try a little to see how she tolerates it and I agreed, I like to switch up her meals a little so she doesn't get bored anyway. After the second day I threw it away. She was sluggish, a little bit clumsy and her tremors had started again.

I have a list of excellent plant based proteins that Abby will live on for the rest of her life. I have even begun giving old lady Roxy some of these and I see changes in her too (there are more, but this is the base list I work off of)

Protein in Legume: Garbanzo beans, kidney beans, lentils, lima beans, navy beans, soybeans, split peas
    Protein in Grain: Barley, brown rice, buckwheat, millet, oatmeal, ouinoa, rye, wheat germ, wheat, wild rice
    Vegetable Protein: Artichokes, beets, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumbers, eggplant, green peas, green pepper, kale, lettuce, mushroom, mustard greens, potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, turnip greens, watercress, yams, zucchini

Protein in Fruit: Apple, banana, cantaloupe, grapefruit, honeydew melon, orange, papaya, peach, pear, pineapple, strawberry, tangerine, watermelon

What you feed Cooper is a decision that only you can make. What ANY of us feed our babies is a personal decision because what works for me might not work for you.

This is awesome info.... you are such a great bully mama!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Cooper11

And Cooper keeps looking better everyday!

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

Yay!

Cooper11

@AubreysMom you can read info here!!!

Cooper11

@NigelsMom here is the post from @Twice suggesting the veggies to me.... I made sweet potatoes, green pepper, red peppers, peas, green beans, boiled and all mushed together!! Coop LOVED it! He is on the Fromm Beef Fritatta now but I am going to try to give him a veggie meal here and there cuz he loves it so much and it doesn't bother his tummy or his

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Remove Ads