$200 later....got Coopers results

C

Cooper11

Thank You everyone who has been helping the last few days with Cooper throwing up
Vet did x rays and blood test today. Xrays came back just fine but blood test she said was odd.
His white blood cells were normal but his lymfocyten was high and his Phosphorus was high also.
She is blaming it on the salmon oil. He got a shot of antibiotics, and another shot of something I can't remember.
Gave me canned bland food,, gave me metronidazole and Sucralfate ....and also synacore powder to put in his food.. She said it is an infection in his tummy and not to feed him tonight...but I am not sure if I am going to listen to the not eat tonight. She said give his tummy a break but he hasn't thrown up today after he ate anyway. and he is going to be starving!!! We will see......hopefully this stuff works.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sucralfate is doggie Pepcid and the Metronidazole is doggie Immoium AD ....... I would feed him a little something, not a lot. Was the other shot maybe a B12?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
wow salmon oil did all that. thats crazy. well im glad you took him and found out what was going on. now you can get him better

OP
C

Cooper11

Sucralfate is doggie Pepcid and the Metronidazole is doggie Immoium AD ....... I would feed him a little something, not a lot. Was the other shot maybe a B12?

I can't remember I think she said if was for his upset tummy or it will help with acid reflex or something. SHe was rambling so fast the only reason I could remember what the blood test were is because I made her repeat it and wrote it down...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
hope this works and he gets better soon.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
So is he allergic to the salmon oil ..... or was it a bad batch????? :eek:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] Hope he gets better soon! Glad he is home with you! Keep me posted after you feed him! :)

OP
C

Cooper11

So is he allergic to the salmon oil ..... or was it a bad batch????? :eek:
I dunno if he is allergic but it def don't mesh good with him....the vet acted like I was dumb for giving her salmon oil...said its fatty......and then from there everything was blamed on the salmon oil!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I dunno if he is allergic but it def don't mesh good with him....the vet acted like I was dumb for giving her salmon oil...said its fatty......and then from there everything was blamed on the salmon oil!

I'm sorry ... but when it comes to nutrition most of these vets are complete idiots. They just believe whatever they are told because they get paid to sell a paticular product!!! Makes me so crazy!! :cursing:

I'd take him off the salmon ... put him on the bland diet ... get everything back to normal and then when you KNOW it is back to normal add in the salmon oil again. Just a little bit .. if there is the slightest sign of illness then don't do it again but if there isn't then it's all fine.

To blame salmon oil because it's too "fatty" is the most ridiculous explanation I've ever heard. Now if the vet had said that it was because there was a possible link to a salmon allergy then that would be more believable.

My daughter wants to be a vet ... she's going to graduate this year and has applied and been accepted into two colleges to do a major in biology. After four years if she is very lucky and very good she will be accepted into a four year program at the Vet School ... I'd like to think that with the experiences she is getting from EBN to us and how we feed our bullies that one day I willl know a vet who values and knows more than wht the colleges fill them with.

**stepping away from soap box **

OP
C

Cooper11

I'm sorry ... but when it comes to nutrition most of these vets are complete idiots. They just believe whatever they are told because they get paid to sell a paticular product!!! Makes me so crazy!! :cursing:

I'd take him off the salmon ... put him on the bland diet ... get everything back to normal and then when you KNOW it is back to normal add in the salmon oil again. Just a little bit .. if there is the slightest sign of illness then don't do it again but if there isn't then it's all fine.

To blame salmon oil because it's too "fatty" is the most ridiculous explanation I've ever heard. Now if the vet had said that it was because there was a possible link to a salmon allergy then that would be more believable.

My daughter wants to be a vet ... she's going to graduate this year and has applied and been accepted into two colleges to do a major in biology. After four years if she is very lucky and very good she will be accepted into a four year program at the Vet School ... I'd like to think that with the experiences she is getting from EBN to us and how we feed our bullies that one day I willl know a vet who values and knows more than wht the colleges fill them with.

**stepping away from soap box **

Yeah at first I thought it was him eating too fast but them he threw up even after eating slow...so then we thought the salmon oil was the problem so I took that away and all treats too...but he still threw up, so last night was when I tired the bland..beef and rice and he did good until the yellow flem he threw up at 8 this AM .....I know what you are saying about the vet....to tell you the truth I didn't even want to take him cuz I thought they would blow it off but since I requested xrays and said something is wrong because we are going on 4 days. I didn't mention the salmon oil until the end and that was when she starting blaming the salmon oil....of course......there is a vet like 40 minutes away from me who own EB so I am thinking I may start going there...the vet I go to now is a 7 minute drive so it is convenient and I have never had a problem with them...but since Bullies are so different I think I may need to go somewhere else!

OP
C

Cooper11

[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] also I was wondering if you all start salmon oil at a certain age....he is 7 months...that not too young is it? Or does it matter?

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
You might want to try flax oil instead of the salmon...same omega 3 but might be easier for him to digest....my dogs didn't have a good reaction to salmon oil (lots of burping) but do fine on the flax....but I agree with the others I don't think salmon oil would be the source of an infection unless it was a bad batch orhad gone bad.

Hope the little guy gets better super fast....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.